Hybrid Monitor resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Monitor resolutions

Does anyone know of a sweet resolution between 1280*1024 and 1600*1280 that would work well with a Mitsbishi pro 91 monitor and Matrox G400. Unfortunately when running the monitor at 1600*1200, the 77hz refresh flickering is *annoying*.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Try 1600x1024. I can run that at 90hz on my Iiyama a702
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Hello RichL
      It seems like an odd height to width ratio, but I will give it a try later tonight.

regards MD

Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Have you tried other refresh rates as well, mdhome?

And is this for 2D or 3D work?
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jord, by looking at his post you would think 77Hz refresh is the highest he can hit at that resolution. Going to a higher res would result in a lower refresh ie greater flicker. While higher refresh is impossible due to the bandwidth limitations of the monitor.

77hz refresh at 1600x1200 is indicative of a horizontal refresh of ~95.8 kHz

MD, I'd vote for a res of 1280x960 in order to maintain a proper aspect ratio. If aspect ratio isn't an issue with the work you do, then the next higher res to try would be 1600x1024, if possible.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hello Jorden
            Its mainly for 2d work - Jbuilder development etc where quality is paramount. As for 3d, its already superb :-)

regards md
            Interests include:

Comment

what about 1400*1050 this gives a 4:3 ratio and i know some dell notebooks run at this resolution.
              Dell Inspiron 8200
              Pentium4m 1.6
              640mb pc2100
              64mb gf440go
              15" uxga ultrasharp
              40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

...and very nice notebook screens they are too! (shame they're ATI though)

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I meant lower refresh rates than the 77Hz. Try between 72Hz & 65Hz, not lower !!

What is the maximum resolution / refresh rate for your monitor as it might say in the manual/internet?

Did you try the .inf file for the monitor (probably downloadable from their site)? And did you try to edit with the G400 Power Desk?

Jord.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                  X