Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD recording with G450 eTV

Hi,

can anybody tell me what are the 'real' capabilities of HD recording with the G450 eTV? I want to build a sort of TIVO for myself (It can't be bought in Europe yet). Can the eTV read PAL signals and encode them (with sound) in real-time in a framerate and resolution like PAL?
    And what would be requirements for the PC in that case?

Thanks for the info,

Chris

HD recording usually refers to audio only. The eTV will capture your video with audio in mpeg2 format with our software codec in both pal and ntsc formats in half and full video resolutions. It will capture your incoming stream as it comes into our input port. However, you will need a 600Mhz CPU for half res capture and probably a 900Mhz CPU for full frame capture.

Haig

Comment

Hi,

does someone know when the G450eTV will be available? Any Idea for the price?

DC

Comment

I thougt the G450eTV was anounced.
        I just had a look and found that the Card was "Introduced" on September 9, 2000. And even here they advertised the the 450eTV for months. But thanks for the answer Greebe.

I just found
        <Quote>

Availability
        The Marvel G450 eTV is designed for SI and OEM integration, and retail distribution. The retail version will be available at Shop@Matrox (http://shop.matrox.com) in Q4 '00 for US$265 ESP.

</Quote>

DC

[This message has been edited by DC (edited 05 January 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by vanbael:
          Hi,

can anybody tell me what are the 'real' capabilities of HD recording with the G450 eTV? I want to build a sort of TIVO for myself (It can't be bought in Europe yet). Can the eTV read PAL signals and encode them (with sound) in real-time in a framerate and resolution like PAL?
          And what would be requirements for the PC in that case?

Thanks for the info,

Chris
          Hi vanbael - I think Haig missed your point. Yes, the timeshift capabilities of the eTV will do what you want to do like the TiVO can. I.e. you can pause a live broadcast and come back to in later and carry on watching where you left off.

BTW: The TiVO is available in the UK, and has been for a few months now...

One thing the TiVO can, but the eTV can't do, is the auto scheduling of TV programs (Like if a program is delayed for some reason). You can set up the eTV like a VCR though to record things at different times/channels.

Hope this helps

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Nobody knows that as of yet for Matrox hasn't announced when or at what price, even to us beta testers.

FYI vanbael, DC, Haig is Matrox's tech support manager.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X