Win ME drivers for G100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win ME drivers for G100?

Hi. I am trying to set up a Windows ME machine with a Matrox G100 AGP card. The Matrox drivers page says that no Win ME drivers for the G100 are planned. Great.

Any suggestions on what G100 driver set will work acceptably under Windows ME?

Ummm, use the win98 drivers.

Rags

Comment

What makes you think you can just use the Win98 drivers that Matrox hasn't said work under WinME in WinME?

The <a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm">download page</a> seems to states "Win 98 only"...

I only ask because I tried using the Windows 2000 drivers in Whistler and much to my surprise they didn't seem to work properly.

Comment

Worth a try. Seems that most w98 drivers will work in ME.

Regards.
        Primary desktop:
        Dell Dimension 4100|P3-733Mhz|512MB Crucial PC133 CL3|ATI Firegl 8700 64MB|SBLIVE|3Com 3C905c|Adaptec 2906|Quantum 40G|FUJITSU 1.3G MO|Iomega 16x10x40x|MGE 480VA UPS|Philips 200P3M|XPPro
        Secondary desktop:
        Generic P3-733Mhz|512MB Crucial PC133 CL3|Matrox G400 32MB DH|SigmaTel audio(build-in)|2 x 3Com 3C9980B|Adaptec 2940UW|Quantum 15G|MGE 500VA UPS|Sony G500|W2K

Comment

Ono Tadaki, you are treading on thin ICE by showing your arse, flaming and trolling. Watch it.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well, my first thought was to use the 98 drivers, too. So I tried them and they seem to work OK. Still, it bothers me some that the Matrox site is explicit that no ME drivers will be available for the G100. If the 5.52.015 drivers are so stable under ME--which, so far, they seem to be--why doesn't Matrox support using them?

Comment

I don't intend for this to sound disrespectful. I've been on this board for a while, and in my experience, support issues regarding the G100 tend to remind me of the old joke:

Patient: Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do this with my G100.

Doctor: Well, don't do that with your G100.

If you start getting lockups in Excel, come here, and we'll see what we can do. And I think you should take this official support business with a grain of salt. I've found Matrox unofficially supports a lot of stuff they claim not to officially support.

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Well put, Paul.

Not only do you get unofficial support from Matrox, but you get unofficial (dare I say effective?) support here, at MURC.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                X