Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for more power

Hi,

I have a AMD K6-2 450Mhz 128MB Ram and a Matrox G400DH.
    My problem is:
    In my opinion I haven't enough FPS.
    In Counter-Strike I have 16-25 fps and in 3DMark2000 I have a very bad resultat (dont know it anymore).
    So what could be the problem I have driver 5.55 installedand BIOS 1.6-25 .
    I play in OpenGL mode but in D3D it's the same. What do the settings 32-bit Z Buffer and so on mean?

well for a start, you can try the 6.21 drivers. there is a more recent bios but that's unlikely to speed up your system.
    a faster cpu would be a great fps booster!

Comment

Have you tried K6-X version of TurboGL? TurboGL boosted my Half-Life FPS from 15-25 to something like 30-45 on AMD K6-2 350 oc' to 400MHz. This is with PD5.30 and PD5.41 though. I am not sure about the latest drivers.

Like what you've just been told, a better CPU is the definite solution. AMD K6-X just doesn't cut in today 3D games FPU requirement.

However, if you're not concerned about upgrading, and your games of choice happen to be supported by TurboGL, and you know how to setup TurboGL properly, then it's a free way to get some performance boost.
      KJ Liew

Comment

Hi,

I've tried all other driver but it seemd that only the 5.52 and 5.55 work properly.
        Yesterday i upgraded my BIOS to 3.3 but that isn't for more speed.
        Where can I find the K-6x versionof TurboGL?
        I've treid TurboGL v. 1.3 (i think the newest) bust in my version it must be integrated.
        What can i do with all the settin in the display propeties like 32bit z-Buffer whats does it mean i have it turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X