Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering

Hello, I just installed my new G450 card. I had some problems with lockups, but installed the VIA 4in1 drivers and all works good. But I'm still getting the strange cursor behavior on my second monitor whenever there is activity beneath it. It flickers. Or when I'm scrolling through documents with my scrolling mouse button, it flashes and flickers. Very weird.. and only on the second monitor. Or like when I'm in my audio programs, the cursor constantly flickers when over the audio meters of my mixer. With no activity and idle, the cursor is normal.

How do I solve it? What's that option in display properties that says 'use hardware to draw color mouse pointer'? Whatever it is, setting and unsetting it didn't solve the blinking cursor.

How common is this? I have the latest drivers.

This sounds very similar, through my research, to this post.
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/003103.html
    ..but there was never a solution, nor could I find his email address to ask him if he resolved, nor could I find any other posts from him after doing a search on his name. He did, though, have a different motherboard.

Is this a Matrox bug? Other related links to people having similar problems:

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/006470.html
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/007579.html

Has anybody else, to your knowledge, had this issue and resolved it?

Please help me out. This happens even after a fresh install of 98se with zero peripheral PCI cards and zero extra software installed (except acrobat). Only in the second monitor, regardless of the refresh rate setting. I use a Viewsonic A75f for my primary monitor, and a Samsung SyncMaster 700IFT as my secondary monitor. I've tried swapping the monitors back and forth. But the flickering of the cursor during activity always occurs on the secondary monitor, regardless of the monitor used. Also, I'm using the regular standard windows cursors. Enabling and disabling mouse trails did not fix the problem. It also doesn't matter which type of mouse I use. I usually use a Microsoft Intellimouse, but I tried another regular mouse and there was no change. Still the flickering on the secondary monitor.

IRQS
    0 - System Timer
    1 - Standard 101/102 Key or MS Natural keyboard
    2 - Programmable interrupt controller
    3 - Communications port COM2
    4 - Communications port COM1
    5 - Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI128
    5 - IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    6 - Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    7 - Printer port LPT1
    8 - System CMOS/Real time clock
    9 - (free)
    10 - Via tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    10 - IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    11 - Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead
    11- IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    12 - PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
    13 - Numeric Data Processor
    14 - Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    14 - Via Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
    15 - Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    15 - Via Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

------------------
    I'm Eric..

Matrox G450 32M DDR
    MicronPC Millennia
    Max GS
    P3 @ 667mhz
    256megs RAM
    Tazer Tyan S1854 Via 133A 4X
    Win98se
    I'm Eric..

Matrox G450 32M DDR