Driver can't recognize Mill. G200 after BIOS Upgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver can't recognize Mill. G200 after BIOS Upgard

As topic, even I restore the bios from backup disk. How can I solve the problem? Help!!!

Well, before we ask Greebe to move this thread over to Matrox Hardware after the Xmas days, let's consider what you did in the first place!

Which BIOS are we talking about? What BIOS was upgraded to what version? Do you have any PC specs for us?

In other words, a little bit more info would be nicely, for we're not clairvoyant when it comes to your PC

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 26 December 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

iorichan, this thead is being moved to Matrox Hardware, for this is not the place to get a quick responce to your querry.

Jorden, nobody needs to ask me to move any particular thread.

I haven't moved it because I've had migraine@Home for many days now.(friggin idiots)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I am upgrade my Mill. G200 BIOS from 2.7 to 3.1 under pure DOS. The whole process was complete successful without any error warning. After reboot, I try to install driver (6.04), there was no any VGA model list in driver detection step, so I can't finish the installation!

256 SDRAM
        Adaptec 2940U2W
        IBM Ultrastar 18ES 9.1GB
        Windows ME

Comment

Go here.

Also do a search on the subject in this forum.

Lots of good info on how to.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Greebe,
            I have already try to recover BIOS from PINS file using command "PROGBIOS -i 900-31.bin -s mypins.txt -k" according the site, but it didn't work.

Comment

READ THIS (from gbm site)!

If you find that the card's SUBSYS_ID looks strange or does not match any of the IDs listed in diver's .INF file, you may change the SUBSYS_ID by reprogramming the BIOS.
              If your SUBSYS_ID is OK (new G200 have SUBSYS_IDs like 4xxx, not FF0x like older models), add the proper info to your .INF file after you unpack the driver and before you run SETUP. You may download driver 4.33, and copy two sections, four lines each from 4.33 .INF to 4.51 .INF to make 4.51 recognize the new G200s.
              How to reprogram SUBSYS_ID
              Note: I do not take any responsibility for the effect of this operation. It proved to work on several cards. Do it at your own risk. Note that this operation involves BIOS programming, so you should follow the precautions given on BIOS programming page.
              Run the MXINFO.EXE and record the SUBSYS_ID and SUBSYS_VID in case you will have to restore it.
              Select the proper SUBSYS_ID and SUBSYS_VID for your CARD (for Millenium G200 AGP it should be FF03, 102B respectively).
              (Easy Way) Run BIOSPROG.EXE (download it from this site):
              BIOSPROG -subsys_id ff03 -subsys_vid 102b
              (You may skip either one if it is already correct in the BIOS.)
              OR (Hard Way) convert the individual bytes to decimal: FF03 is stored as 03, FF, so the decimal values will be 3, 255 and then use PROGBIOS.EXE (which comes with Matrox BIOS updates) to change the SUBSYS_ID:
              PROGBIOS -b SUBSYS_ID,2,3,255
              (space after -b is obligatory, no further spaces are allowed)
              Note that the last two values are the decimal values of new SUBSYS_ID - use other values for other cards.
              Reboot the system (hard reset or power on required).
              Now the driver should install.
              Please e-mail me and share your experiences.
              ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Thanks Venturer, Greebe and Jorden!!!

This is my first time use UBB of MURC, I am poor in English, but get greate response with nice guys. Thanks a log!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X