We need G450 MAX!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need G450 MAX!!!

matrox need to deliver a new card to appease its devotees. it needs to deliver good gaming performance-better than the g400 MAX and at a resonable price before the g800 and all of its variations comes along. i believe that they could do this using the g450. firstly they could widen the 64 bit bus into a 128 bit bus. this would unleash the DDR RAM which we know can be clocked to 200 (therefore 400mhz). with some heatsinks a'la geforce ultra this could be pushed further. the core has a shrunken die compared to the g400 so it neeeds no active hsf. however if a large active hsf was placed on the core then we could see speeds of 180mhz +. all this could be kept to a resonable cost due to the g450's already low price tag and it would prove a fast, feature packed card especially if teamed with a processor of over 800mhz.

this is a card we all need so why don't matrox give it to us?
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Don't hold your breath.

M is catering to the OEM market, since their gaming market was very small (even smaller now due to lack of a gaming product). They're not going to redesign the G450 pcb to make a MAX version if they've already spent alot of effort (hopefully) on the G800.

Comment

That's funny. The first words in my head when I saw the title of this thread were "Don't hold your breath".

Comment

The impression I get, is that if Matrox went to the trouble of equipping a G450 with some High Spec DDR memory, the G450 would probably get up to at least MAX specs.

Anyone tried cooling the mem chips?

Comment

If anyone has a G450 up in canada, you can place your computer outside and that will cool the G450 then you can see how much you can overclock to

Comment

Why Canada?

It's -15 F here right now =P

Rags

Comment

It snowed here last night, but it all melted in the morning

Comment

Well winnipeg canada I think is colder than anywhere in the US, I mentioned Canada because I beleive it would be the coldest, so for best result for overclocking canada would be a good place I guess

Comment

Working...
                X