• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another G800 expert

http://www.digit-life.com/news.html

Thursday, 23 November 2000
    Matrox's future plans
    12:30 Alecs

We can see a lot of rumors about three companies: NVIDIA (of course), ATI and 3dfx, on the web. But where is Matrox? What will they offer in future to its fans? We'll try to answer.
    So, Matrox was planning to announce G800 this Comdex, but failed and now chip delayed till 2001. In this case Matrox's products line for H1'2001 looks like this:
    Very high end - Dual G800 (we have informed you already that the single chip solution can't compete with the latest and future products from NVIDIA)
    High end - G800
    Midrange - G450
    Matrox will also release an integrated solution code-named Fusion

hmmm some more regurgitated "news"
    these guys just don't give up...

LOL, if Matrox is working on a G800, They should change the name just for Spite.. G801 or whatever...

Craig

------------------
    P3-700e cB0 @980Mhz - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus P2b Rev. 1.10 /w MSI slocket - 128Mb PC100 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Hehe, here's a snip from their forum:

Q: "News... not bad... and what adout some rumors? "

A (by moderator) :
      "There are a lot of sites with rumors
      This is not the one..."
      http://www.digitlife.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000008.html

hehe ironic..

//JK

Comment

Its a good thing they aren't using years for their graphics cards. If it was the G2000, they'd have to change it to the G2001 (or G2002 at this rate).

Comment

Not really. When did you buy Windows95?
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat: August 95. The day before my wedding. When did you buy it?

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Well I just got WinMe, just before the start of the 'real' new Millennium.

Which makes me ask - is this the edition for the new millennium...or the old one! I'd place my bets on the old one!

Paul.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
              X