rolling lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rolling lines?

Also, is there anything in the direct neighborhood of your monitor that gives off strong mangetic radiation, like speakers, a radio, TL-lights, a microwave or something alike?
    Jordâ„¢

rolling lines?

hi all Matrox users here,
    I have a prblem. Newer drivers from Matrox cause rolling lines on my monitor. Drivers can does not cause this problem are verson 4.xx under Win98, Win ME and the one default one come with Windows 2000 Pro.
    The lines are so obvious that look like waves moving on water!!
    But these new drivers help me gain about 20% in performance in UT.
    Someone can suggest me something?
    SuRGV
    MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    1024 MB PC3200 RAM
    WD 160 GB HDD
    2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
    ATI 9500 64 Videocard
    Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
    Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

IRQ list, please. Also, what resolution/refresh rate is this at, and what kind of monitor are you using?

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Same thing happens to me with these drivers... but mostly when when monitor has been suspended for a while.

No magnetic fields, no IRQ conflicts, no ****ups. Started when I upgraded drivers (or bios, dunno, did them both at the same time).

------------------
        Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/128mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5
        Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

Comment

What happens when you got back to your earlier drivers?
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Works. But I have some other issues with earlier drivers, so i prefer the waves =).
            It obvious one has to choose between plague or cholera =(.

I've also pointed out for 8 months to matrox that their tv-out ntsc->pal conversion suxx and gives me a lagging output. Nothing...

I'm THIS close to jumping ship.
            Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

Comment

Working...
            X