Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweak 3D Reviews the G450: No Quake Benches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak 3D Reviews the G450: No Quake Benches!

They only used application-based scores from Ziff-Davis's benchmarking suites. They focused on the board's strengths instead of it's weaknesses, and it came out smelling like a rose:

http://www.tweak3d.net/reviews/matrox/millg450/

It's an interesting approach, and one I haven't seen before.

Of course, part of the problem has been that Matrox sent the board to every site on the planet with the word "game" in it. Now, maybe, we'll see some reviews from people who had to go out and buy the board and intend to use it because it fits their needs.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

This is a good review, concentrating on what G450 was meant to be.
    Way better than Tommy boys article.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Now THAT was pretty funny...

The G450 leads the pack in terms of 3D acceleration performance.

Comment

Probably a typo but I would expect someone like you, who wrote a program that at one point corrupted the BIOS on the G400 cards, to pick up on that. Are you still sore about that.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel - OF COURSE it was a TYPO, or at least one hopes it was. I still found it amusing.

I would expect someone like you
          Come again? Was that a personal swipe? The beginning of a flame? From a "Forum Moderator"??? Sheesh...

Comment

Ashley, you can bet your sweet bippy it was!
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ashley,

What BIOS eaters do you have in store for the G450 and G800?

Hugh G

Comment

Leave poor Joel alone, he can't handle the truth.

Comment

Hey Himself,

This may seem funny to you but it sure wasn't to those who had the BIOSs of their G400s corrupted by Ashley's program.

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel,

Yeah, I love laughing at the misfortunes of others, seeing them squirm in frustration and lamenting their sad lot in life. Fact is, they were overclocking their video cards, if you are not willing to accept the responsibility for the risks you shouldn't go at it. Especially using PowerStrip, I'd sooner try using ICQ to overclock a video card, it's not quite as bloated. But this is neither here not there, you are just flogging the guy about a mistake he made because you can't handle the truth.

Comment

Himself, guess you know about as much on this issue as you do heatsinks.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, a wise guy, eh?

Will you now refer to heatsinks every time you disagree with something I say? Years from now? Hmm?

Comment

This time though, I’m going to take a look at something on a different scale. I have in my hands Matrox’s Millennium G450 DualHead. However, before I continue any further along, I would like to take this opportunity to point out a few things I feel you should know. Firstly, the Millennium G450 is not a gamer’s card. Secondly, the G450 is a professional user oriented graphics card. Thirdly, the G450 plays many games extremely well, despite what you may have heard. And lastly before I go on, the G450 also works extremely well for the average home user.

Now that I’ve cleared that up, let’s get on with the show.
                          Now that should be added to the forum survival guide!

------------------
                          Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
                          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Byron,

Power Strip can be used for more than just overclocking, so your argument is flawed.

Casey

---------------------------------------------
                            Drivin' That Train, High on....

Comment

I don't do BS arguing, if people want to get on with the therefores and subsequently's, they can do it without me. If you want to pretend to be naive, go right ahead, don't think you are convincing anybody.

Comment

Working...
                              X