Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Digest's 33 gfx cards review!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Digest's 33 gfx cards review!!!!!!!!!!!

Just go to the 3Digest's site and look on this MEGA review.
    They also have a G400,G450 and a MAX and i really liked the test of games with all Matrox drivers from 5.50~6.10.
    (with all this A7v bios updates lately i'm excused to make a mistake )

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 11 December 2000).]
    Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

I think you mean Drivers Versions there not BIOS ones, because you are listing version numbers of BIOSes I aint seen yet. ;]

Comment

Rimfaxe, in a normal, almost sane world, some companies would supply pure quality (like matrox should, 3Dlabs etc.) while others will concentrate on speed for people who aren't so keen about quality (just for the case - nVIDIA riva 128, TnT) and others wil go in between (ATi, 3dfx etc.)
      I need a new graphic adapter and I have really a hrad time choosing.
      I guess I'll got for a Geforce MX cause it's cheap so when (hopefully) matrox or anyone else wil bother putting out a decent product I'll still have some money left for it.

------------------
      I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

Comment

Did anybody else notice thatthe little orange wire that use to be soldered onto G450s and screwed to the heatsink is now a little black wire that is pluged into the card and screwed to the heatsink?
        http://ixbt.stack.net/video/itogi-video/g450.jpg

Ali

Comment

Yes and they changed that after all our complaints (should have been something they considered in the first place. D'oh!).

Black wire in the electronics world = ground.

Orange = WTF!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

So, what's the deal with the screenshots he posted?? They look like they were taken with a Voodoo card, not a G400. All light and fuzzy. They really look like crap next to the Geforce pics. WTF?? My G400 doesn't look like that...

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Quite interesting, no graphic card there is perfect. No single graphic card there gives you perferct 2D and 3D (ignoring speed).
              This means that if I were a professional looking for a graphic card, none of these would suit my needs. Even the good old G400 still has some problems with 3D picture quality. I wish companies would stop rushing half baked cards to the stores and release some decent hardware and drivers.
              I still remember the last card that gave me "out of the box" experiance, the only one I've ever seen to be pefect from the box - Matrox Millenium. I think he Mill2 and the 3dfx Voodoo 1 were also 'perfect'. Nothing ever since.
              I want a new graphic card, but I want one with no nasty suprises, preferably under 300$ and there is none to find.

------------------
              I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

Comment

Dogbert.

You are absolutly right.

But I still can understand the companies that has to do that. It all comes down to money. Why aren't this a perfect world?

What if there were One graphic card that was the best. The One the only, and didn't have any probs with Open-GL or any games. Was the fastest and price about $19,95.
                Can it be done? In my perfest world: Yes. On the other hand, In my perfect world, why use a "computer"?

Now I am off listening at Frank Sinatra. I'll have my perfect world. For one day at least

Comment

The question about this that i have is why did the stock G400's get a much higher 'Usability Coefficent' than the G400 Max, and why the GeForce 2MX's is WAY higher. This is based almost entierly off of Framerate instead of anything dealing with features and usability.

And also how any of the GeForce2 line and Voodoo 5 line comes out with better 'Quality'. They say that reliability, lock ups, and absence of bugs in drivers contribute to it. I really wonder which drivers they were using on the GeForces. Under Windows 2000, the GeForce card i have sitting on my desk will only function correctly in drivers that are in the 5.xx line, where the latest ones are 6.xx, with beta being 7.xx. The G400's have much better drivers than the GeForce's do.
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                  X