X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 and XFree 4.0.1, does it work ?

Hello,
    does the driver from XFree86 4.0.1 work with the G450 ? If I take a look at /var/log/XFree86.0.log it says, it supports the g400, but I think, it will also support the G450, since the differences are not so big ?

btw: I´m rellay talking about the driver from XFree86 4.0.1, not the one Matrox offers at its website.

thanx
    Malte

May I politely suggest that you check in the correct forum (in this case "alternative lifestyles")?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Yes, this belongs in the other forum. But to answer your question...</P>

Stock 4.0.1 does not appear to work with the G450. I've tried it with no luck.</P>

Get the driver from the matrox site. No recompile is needed, just replace the mga_drv.so in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers with the one from www.matrox.com and it should work fine. If you only have one monitor handy you'll probably have to plug it in to the <em>second</em> output (I did).</P>

Or you could wait for 4.0.2, which should support the G450 out-of-the-box. It's due out real soon now ("middle of december" if I recall correctly).</P>

Comment

Relocated to the Alternative lifestyles forum...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X