Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To benchmark, or not to benchmark

Okay, benchmark testers out there.

Bite your graphics card, be it you trusty Gxx0, your nVidia GeForce or whatever (is there anything else?) on the following benchmark:

Tirtanium 1.90

Go for the D3D test and the OpenGL test, through all display modes.
    Test it with music on, music off, running Seti in the background and without, and tell me what you think is the biggest difference

I came up with a total diference of 10.1 fps between D3D and OGL, with still some proograms running in the background, but I'll test it clean this afternoon

Come on guys, Let's de-test MadOnion's stuff and go back to other benchmarks as well again!
    I hate benchmarks, but for the no-use of it, I'll even download Final Reality again

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

when I select OpenGL, it won't switch to a fullscreen OpenGL mode, but it runs in a window on the desktop.

and testing all the resolutions is a bit much, isn't it?

Why isn't it also optimized for SSE? I only see 3DNow! optimization

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/009839.html

You have to scroll down a bit to see my results (only for OGL, but this thread was about OGL)
      And: Tirtanuim definitely doesn't give good scores to Matrox' newer ICDs, and the Win2K one performs worst.

Maybe I'm also going to test this with D3D today, I'll let you know.
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

I have used Tirtanium since version 1.0 and probably earlier, I'm sick of the same blah scene. I'd run it again, but I just can't bring myself to look at that thing again.

Seems to be more of a cpu benchmark than a video card one anyway. BTW, I wouldn't read anything into the OGL vs D3D scores.

Comment

DOSFreak
          I DL'ed that MBTR looking for a new racing sim to play with... I have to say it's one of the most detailed racing sim's I've played... and the motion is Very realistic...

Played Decently on my system with the G400...
          it has a benchmarking section as well, Tom uses it now as a D3D test...

Craig

------------------
          P3-700e cB0 @980Mhz - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus P2b Rev. 1.10 /w MSI slocket - 128Mb PC100 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500
          1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Damn DosFreak, where did you get that screenshot taken with Matrox's next gen card.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

You know where.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Nah, download the Mercedes Benz Truck Racing Demo:
                http://www.mbtr.de/

ftp://ftp.thq.de/pub/deutschland/hersteller/synetic/mbtr/MBTRDemoML.exe

More real-world figure for game players.

Here's a pic from the game:

Just kiddin! It would be nice tho wouldn't it?!
                C:\DOS
                C:\DOS\RUN
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I gave Mercedes Benz a quick run at 1024x768x16, got an average of 42fps.

Comment

Working...
                  X