G400 MAX No Longer Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX No Longer Available?

Seems the G400 MAX is no longer listed on Matrox' web site or Shop@Matrox.

Had heard from several vendors that it was discontinued, but...

Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

just looked at my reseller's site & it's not listed now so you could be right!

Comment

Sold out like the PS2.
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Ouch, yeah, it does look like it was discontinued. If it was just out of stock, the product would still be listed on the M shopping site (just like how the G400 16mb is) but would have an 'out of stock' note.

I also called a friend at a distributor, and he said they aren't able to order the G400MAX anymore.

That sucks, and is kinda dumb in my opinion. Leaves Matrox without a gaming card now (unless you think people will buy a normal G400 or a G450 for gaming). Even if the MAX was showing its age, it still performed decently.

Comment

Yes,
          it looks stupid to discontinue your best item, unless of course you´re about to present a new product
          VERY SOON

rubank
          *doing an unusual typo

[This message has been edited by rubank (edited 07 December 2000).]

Comment

Don't hold your breath :P

That thought passed my mind also, but I've learned not to get my hopes up about the new card.

Comment

Tantalizing thought! Just think about it. What a coup it would be if Matrox shipped the G800 in time for the holidays pulling all those sales away from the competitors!

"Its only a dream"
              "No its not!"
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Too late for holiday sales

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R.:
                  Too late for holiday sales
                  I considered that but I'm still in the dream ... or am I?
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Matrox Europe still lists the G400 MAX.
                    KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

Working...
                    X