Will G800 have something like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will G800 have something like this?

There´s an interesting read at www.reactorcritical.com/review-nvshaders/review-nvshaders.shtml regarding coming technology.
    Yeah, yeah, I know it´s about nvidia, but something similar might very well be implemented in G800. I hope.
    Anyway, rather interesting. I think.

rubank

Jepp all of the mentioned plus more and it will only cost 25$!!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I think all future 3D cards will have to have some sort of hidden surface removal, future 3D games are getting more and more complex, even the fastest ram on the planet can't deliver enough bandwith without some sort of hidden surface removal, nvidia chips are so fast that the DDR ram still become the bottle neck

All opinion based though

Comment

Galvin,
        I´m sure you´re right about HSR, but the article I refer to is about a programmable geometry engine.

Read it, it´s interesting.

Comment

...would be possible...

PC

------------------
          Webmaster of 8Dimensional
          daily news, hype-news and graphics card opinions
          review listings for: Radeon, G450, GeForce2 GTS, Voodoo5 and many more....
          Webmaster of 8Dimensional
          daily computer hardware news, hype-news and video card recommendations
          review listings for: Radeon, KYRO, GeForce2 GTS, Voodoo5 and many more....

Comment

3dfx have written drivers for the v5500 that use hsr. It increases the frame rate by a factor of up to x3.
            So ok they are beta and have a few problems ie they only support Quake 3 based games and they rely on excess CPU power to provide the logic, but I'm sure this will be a way forward and a potential killer for 3dfx. Why use muscle when you can use brains.

I wonder is Matrox can do a similar thing :-)

regards MD

------------------
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool to get HSR to G400 drivers ... More speed to hi-res gaming ???

-J-
              -J-

Comment

Working...
              X