Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 Millenium and AVMaster2000,incompatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Millenium and AVMaster2000,incompatible?

Ihave a P11 400 hz 128 ram pc with twin belinea 19" monitors.Can any kind person help me with the following problem?
    The capture/preview/playback window on the primary monitor shows only a jerky picture when using Fastcap.I always use the primary monitor as I am supposed to ,but incidentally the problem exists on the secondary one too.
    When I play back or preview the window is black.
    I need afurther tv monitor to see what I am doing.
    Matrox tell me that this is because matrox and Fast have incompatible overlay modes.
    Interestingly,transitions being rendered in powerplay do show on the screen.Matrox say this is because these are using the Ulead MSP5.2 software which must have a compatible overlay mode with the G400 card
    Incidentally, playback/preview etc works if the G400 is configured to one monitor only.
    I am concerned as Fast and many others have told me that AVM and G400 are compatible but I suspect that this has only beentried when the G400 has been configured to one monitor only.
    Can anyone advise me whether the problem really is one of incompatibility, and if so is there a fix?
    If there is no fix is there a tried and tested Graphics Card which will work with the AVM2000 and twin monitor set up?
    I have updated drivers for both AVM and G400.
    Any help would be welcome.
    Just a further thought. I have spoken to Ray L who thinks this problem might be either the win 98 installation or the motherboard.
    I have looked and tried to install the matrox drivers from the win 98 cd but am told no card detected! Furthermopre my ABIT cd for my BH6 motherboard does not let me install the bus mastering drivers as it is seemingly before win98.Does anyone have any ideas?
    In desparation now does anyone know if the AMD ATHLON 600 with gigabite GA 7ix likely to work instead of my BH6 and intel 440?
    Finally I have been to msoft knowledge base who tell me to add two lines in the mshdc.inf file re enabling IDE DMA. I have checked and this is already done.Please help!
Working...
X