Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Warp Engine Dev kit

Well...
    We all know that the G400 has something called Warp etc.

While I was trying to find hidden infos on Matrox's site, I noticed that there is a Warp Engine Developer Kit, only accessible to Developers.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE WARP ENGINE?!?!?????!!
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

There's no conspiracy, calm down. It's just the name of the fast little core in there.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Come on, everyone knows what a warp engine is. Haven't you seen Star Trek? :P

Comment

The Warp engine is a programable part of the G200 and G400 core that is used for triangle setup etc.

There was lots of speculation months ago about being able to reprogram it to T&L, but it was decided that it wouldnt be worth it because the host CPU could do it faster.

Nothing too exciting

Ali

Comment

Ali: Where about in New Zealand do you stay? I've got a sister over there at the moment, for another couple of weeks I think! Any good tips for places to go etc?

Thanks,

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Im in Dundedin. Bottom right hand side.

If shes in the South Island, then she has to go to Queenstown. Very fun place.

The West Coast of the South Island is very pretty if shes into trees and stuff like that. Also good if she likes fishing.

It realy depends on what she likes. There are places like Rotorua in the North Island that has lots of thermal pools and gysers which can be interesting.

Let me know what she likes, and Ill get back to you

Ali

Comment

Working...
            X