Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 problems

Hi,
    This post is longer than I like but the info is critical so bear with me.
    System specs:
    AMD K7 Tbird 900@1050
    MSI K7Pro mobo
    256 Crucial PC133 Cas 2 mem
    Maxtor 13.6/66/7200rpm hdd
    Mitsumi floppy
    Mitsumi 48x cd
    Plextor ?/4/? Cdrw
    SBLive Value
    USRobotics External 56k modem
    G450/DH/32mb
    KDS-VS19(primary)
    Compaq-V410(secondary)
    Antec 300watt ps
    Win98-se

I have loaded the latest AMD driver pack. There are no IRQ conflicts.
    My problem is that I lose the refresh settings for one or both monitors. This occurs almost every time I start the system. Now this is frustrating but the lost settings aren't even consistent. One time I will totally lose them for both monitors the next time it might be just the secondary monitor. Some times the primary loses its ability to go up to 85hz, I may only have default or optimum available, maybe default-optimum and 75hz, maybe none of them.
    If I run in single monitor mode the problem is less offensive but still there, every couple of times I will lose the settings and in this situation I can go to system>properties>device manager and hit the refresh button, after a few seconds the screen will flicker and the original settings will be there.
    I just purchased this video card. My previous card was a G400 single head 16mb, I also had a problem losing the refresh settings, BUT…it was less frequent than what I am now experiencing with the G450.
    So, to summarize: in single mode I have a problem, in dual mode I have a much bigger problem. Does anyone have any insight into this situation? It isn't tolerable and I need to resolve it quick.
    Thanks in advance,
    j
Working...
X