Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

signon message can't be enabled anymore with G200 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signon message can't be enabled anymore with G200 ??

I have a G200 with the 2.7A bios, and when i checked the option byte which let u enable the signon msg, it's a value of 44 at adress 4b7e which is the "D" of "DATE".
    I checked with mxinfo.exe, biosprog.exe from gbm site, and with a hex-editor for the bios file.
    it's not possible to enable the signon msg anymore ??
    thanx
    GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

whats the signon message?

Comment

ali, the signon message is the BIOS message of the video card that shows up before the motherboard BIOS post.
      On most G200 this message was turned off by default, so you wouldn't get any video screen before the motherboard bios screen.
      Hope it's clear for you now.

Comment

hey guys .. u all switched to G400 or what ?
        or maybee G800 ? :P
        no one uses G200 any more ??
        hmmmm...

Comment

It's all the same with all G-series cards. At least last time I disassembled the BIOS it looked like this: you could enable the message, but before the monitor synchronized with the freshly-initialized card, the message disappeared. So effectively you are not able to see the message. Anyway it's not worth seeing...

Comment

The synching of the monitor, you mean most of us see something when we're either on the POST or dual-boot menu screen, Greg?

It depends on the short-start of your monitor for you to enable and see this message, arbymo. Most of us see the BIOS start (after a reboot from Windows) or as I said the POST, dual-boot screen waiting for a prodding of a key, or the Windows-splash screen

I do wonder what the G200 or G400 message might say

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I am quite sure it goes a bit like this:

"You want G800? Bite my shiny metal a$$!"
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

impact : LOL
                ok guys .. thanks for the reply .. i guess it's not worth the hassle.
                and yeah .. with my other pc which has an SiS vga, i had to reboot many times and do watever to keep my monitor synched so i can catch the vga msg.
                so u guys r right ..

BTW Greg, just wanted to say that ur site is great, lots of usefull info and utilities.

anyway .. just made my 100th post !!
                huurrrrraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

[This message has been edited by arbymo (edited 16 November 2000).]

Comment

ive a g200 in my wife's k62-350. Seems better than when it was mine (year ago),
                  maybe drivers are improving or game engines are (or both).
                  Actually new (old) sb16pro isa has speeded up games as opposed to some China generic (hiccup) sound card. powerslide is quite playable, now
                  abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                  g400 max-
                  256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                  dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                  Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

However, Greg how can i enable signon message in G400MAX bios?
                    What value should i modify?
                    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

For change the OPTION bit of the signon message in G400MAX bios from 0 to 1 i had to use this command:
                      PROGBIOS -b OPTION,1,1

Is it right?

Greg i want your confirmation before changing it!

THX!

[This message has been edited by Venturer (edited 16 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Venturer (edited 16 November 2000).]
                      ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Please, Greg answer me!
                        I want to enable signon!

Comment

Please, can someone tell me this %$"&&£ command?

Comment

Go here for some info! http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/

------------------
                            Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
                            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I ve already seen it, but i feel unsafe using this command:
                              PROGBIOS -b OPTION,1,1
                              I think that the last value modify the first bit of the option BYTE from 0 to 1 but i want GREG confirmation because i don t want to ruine my OPTION byte!

[This message has been edited by Venturer (edited 17 November 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X