strange but true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange but true

After resetting the bios due to it becoming corrupted and then upgrading to latest bios the display has become clearer!!!
    The one other odd thing that happens now is that after running wintv the screen size will enlarge horizontally and I have to reset it by the osd controls. Checking the frequenices on the monitor show that the vsync and the horizontal frequenizes haven't changed.
    Rebooting the machine forces me to expand the screen size again.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Inbetween the corrupting of the BIOS and reflashing it, no-one has cleaned your (smoke-)stained screen?

Without jokes, doesn't it alarm you? Even when you have to reset the screen everytime you reboot? I would be alarmed. We've just 'recovered' Holly's G400-MAX through a lenghty process, with major thanks to Haig!!

But even that one is still feeling sketchy. Holly not even testing it to the Max (no pun!)...

If you have these problems, why not try to either downclock (in case of overclocking), go to AGP1x using the MTSTU305 utility from MAtrox, use a recover floppy to set it back to the original settings and then reflash it to the new BIOS?

You won't do much harm, but you could be sure that your system then works fine, TP

Just don't forget to set the AGP to 1x again after flashing your BIOS, and all should be better... No, can't say fine, that's up to you.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well forgetting the cpu overclocking and that was everthing fine until the latest drivers. I'm using win2k under this the g400 ain't overclocked is putting in some very good 3dmark scores.
      I haven't tried going back to agp x1. Under win98 when the g400 is overclocked I haven't this problem.
      Since xmas is coming up plus car insurance something will blow up!
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

quoted from The Pit :"Since xmas is coming up plus car insurance something will blow up"
        let's hope it not going to be the "component" that bridges the chair to the keyboard.

Comment

Me blowing up I hope not.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X