Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1280 x 960, problems with monitor

Hi everyone,

yesterday I found out about the 1280x960 resolution (yes I know, VERY early). So, with the Matrox tweak Utility I set this up and switched to the new resolution.

This seems to work fine but it looks as if my monitor can not handle the resolution. Display is pretty distorted and the colors are not right either. This can not be corrected using the monitor controls. My monitor is a Compaq Qvision172 and it does not have problems with 1280 x 1024. I thought if it can handle a higher resolution it should also be possible to user 1280 x 960!? The graphics card is a Marvel G400-TV. Any hints about possible solutions to my problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Thorsten

Normally I would say try adjusting your refresh but when you said the colours look wrong makes me think something else is wrong.
    What do you mean by the colours not looking right are they bleeding into each other?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes they WERE. I then managed, after trying different refresh rates again (which were all well below monitor spec) to get it working at a refresh rate of 76.

Problem now is that when booting the computer, the monitor stays black. I could boot into safe mode and change the resolution back to 640x480. Now, when the computer starts in normal mode, it comes up with 640x480 and the just hangs when the Matrox Utility gets started.

Any hints?
      Thorsten

Comment

Working...
      X