Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more G800 stuff

couldnt see this posted anywhere else, so here goes:

We can see a lot of rumors about three companies: NVIDIA (of course), ATI and 3dfx, on the web. But where is Matrox? What will they offer in future to its fans? We'll try to answer.
    So, Matrox was planning to announce G800 this Comdex, but failed and now chip delayed till 2001. In this case Matrox's products line for H1'2001 looks like this:
    Very high end - Dual G800 (we have informed you already that the single chip solution can't compete with the latest and future products from NVIDIA)
    High end - G800
    Midrange - G450
    Matrox will also release an integrated solution code-named Fusion

Ali

what's integrated supposed to mean? Integrated _what_ ? For motherboards? (OEM)?

could very well be, since Matrox sells a lot to OEMs and for those companies a integrated G450 would make more sence than a G450 on a AGP card.

Comment

Ant was hinting a few months ago that Fusion was an intergrated chipset. I cant remember it exactly now, but he posted a very strange sentence about being board, and something about his mother, and having news from his Tiwaneese (sp?) friends.

Ali

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

In my eyes I don´t think that Matrox will release a Dual G800. I think there is a very
          small chance we see that. But I´m maybe wrong. If it comes what will it cost? (I guess a whole lot more than I have in my pocket)

Comment

Why not talk about the g1600. Hold on chaps shouldn't we sue matrox for the g800 name since we're talking about it a year ago?
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ok I'm satisfied, a product cycle in the 3D video card arena of over 1.5 yrs spells disaster. The braintrust at Matrox has finally decided to shelve the G800. The chip was ready to be announced last month, but with the release of the ATI and high-end Nvidia cards, they simply decided that they would not be competitive and save themselves the embarrassment. I know many of you die-hard fans are disappointed, but hey you do have other choices out there, and it's not like Matrox ever promised or even hinted at anything...

------------------
              Celeron 366@567 2.2V, 128meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Working...
              X