G800 PRICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G800 PRICE

In your opinion what will be the price of G800?
    I hope less than 300$!
    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

I doubt that.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

My guess is that it will have a dualhead and a singlehead version. Mix that with 2 flavors of memory (32 and 64Mb) and two engine clock speeds, and you´ll have 16 different versions and respective prices.

Comment

I think that we will have to pay more than 300 bucks for the cheapest G800...

Comment

I'll just keep saving the pennies till it eventually shows up! in my opinion, little point in price speculating at this time.

Comment

Hey Alec,
            2^3 only does 8 different cards, not 16; but I think Matrox will do (including memory, DH and multichip) 6 version of the card: vanilla 32 MB G800, Single and Dual Head; vanilla 64 MB G800, Single and Dual Head; a MAX version with 64 MB Dual Head and finally a Dual-chip, Dual Head, 64 MB or maybe 128 MB. IN the near future (a few months after the G800 release), they will release a low-cost G800 to replace the G450, with either 32 MB 64-bits DDR-SDRAM or 32 MB 128-bits SDRAM. Anyway, I have already saved $500 for my G800, and, although I do not wish to spend it all, I am fully prepared to!

Fairwell little G400 friend, it has been a fun ride...(snif,snif)

Francis Beausejour
            Frankymail@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------
            - Intel P3 1GHz Retail
            - Asus CUSL2-M
            - 256 MB TinyBGA (2 DIMMs)
            - Matrox Millennium G400 DH 32 MB O/C 175/233
            - Sony G400 + Sony 210GS
            - Dual Quantum Fireball LM Plus 15 GB
            - Teac W54E CD-RW + Panasonic 8X DVD-ROM
            - Sound Blaster Live! Value
            - 3Dfx VoodooTV 200 (Nov. 8TH 2000)
            Francis: 19/Male/5'8"/155Lbs/light blue eyes/dark auburn hair/loves SKA+punk+Hard/Software... just joking, I'm not THAT desperate (again, Marie-Josée, if you ever happen to read this (like THAT could happen...), I'm just joking and I REALLY, REEEAAALLLLLYYY love you!))
            What was necessary was done yesterday;
            We're currently working on the impossible;
            For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
            - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
            - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
            - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
            - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
            - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
            (Server)
            - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
            - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
            - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
            - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

Actually, by the time it is released...

it should cost about $541. (Assuming USD inflation at 3% for 20 years )

Comment

Since Matrox is now integrating the Maven into the main chip of the G450, I suspect they will do the same on whatever their next card is.
                G450 does not come in single head versions. I think they will continue on this path. My prediction is there will be no single head "G800 or whatever", all will be DualHeads, like G450.

As to how much I would pay...I won't make that determination until I see the actual specs, and compare it to other cards on the market when it is available...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 14 November 2000).]
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

What do you think? Will be there any multi-chip G800??? I don't think so... This roumour started when the drivers beginned to contain some unknown product names (codes?). There were Fusion G450 and Fusion G800... I think this Fusion sing means that these are the 'MAX' version of these cards/chips with FCRAM and higher clock speeds... I suppose, that Matrox won't release a dual-chip version of G450... It is not that KIND of card. It is a card for people who use their computers for work, not for games... We heard the rumour that G800 is pin comaptible with G450. It means that G800 will have the same 64bit memory bus? I don't think so. It's rumourtime, so we don't have to take every word seriously.

[This message has been edited by atko (edited 14 November 2000).]

Comment

atko: Go find the Fusion thread a while back for the most informed speculation

I doubt you'll be able to start up lots more speculation as everyone here have put all their creative juices into that thread (inc those nasy BBs!).

With price I doubt they'll launch into the extreme high-end market with this product - they'll bring out a mid-range performer and at a cost to match. They may decide to do a MAX for the high end again (whatever it's called) but I doubt they'll aim only for this market with the card as it's easy to make a loss off the high-margin products if they aren't selling. The OEM deals for G4x0 may not make them much per card, but they are selling a lot of cards.

Paul.

------------------
                    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
                    Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
                    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
                    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Matrox´s cards has always been one of the priciest cards at launch, if they are competitive (hchrrmmm...G450). So I bet that a G800 MAX if it does stand up against NVIDIA´s and ATI´s latest offerings will cost a whole lot more than 300$

Comment

Pace: beleive me, I read trough all fusion topics... It was ONLY my opinion.

Let's talk a little bit about the price of G800... I think that G800 will be very very expensive at launch... Why? Because Matrox G800 will be an "only for gamers" (I mean "not for office use", so it might be for professionals too) card. Matrox don't have to make a cheap G800 for the business market because there are the G450... I beleive, that G450 will be the card for business, and G800 for GAMERS in the next year of Matrox' history. G800 won't go into the office market until G1600 (or something better) will release. Business people don't need T&L or vertex skinning so this is why I think that G800 is going to be very expensive and only gamer/professsional card... It is sad but true...

Comment

matrox always has expensive graphic cards but for quality we have to pay
                          i think that card won't be cheap

------------------

[This message has been edited by Soda from PL (edited 24 November 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                          X