Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistler +DH???

Hello, everyone!!!
    I am testing now with Whistler Beta 1 Build 2296. I once dropped this OS because of DH issues. Now, it is little bit better, but DVDMax on TV is still not working.

When I tweak the settings for DVDMax, I get an error message "error writing to X:\Windows\System32\Desk.cpl"

Other things, like multiple display and clone works OK. Only the DVDMax thing is not working.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    OCP Certified Oracle 8i DBA.

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

Don't know much to help but let us know what drivers are you using etc.

Paul.

------------------
    The Pace3000 Network (under reconstruction)PaceCentral | Seti
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

It's possible that the drivers try to tweak the desktop control panel. Your desktop control panel may have been renamed in Whistler to something else (***.cpl). Will Windows be unhappy if you rename it? Maybe. Can you get the Matrox drivers to use the differently named one? Unlikely.

You might be stuck for the forseeable future.

- J

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Did you try two monitors with different resolutions on it?
        I hope they will fix that...
        Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

I am using the Windows 2000 latest driver, I believe it is 520. When I used the 514, whole system goes down. With 520, I can access the advanced menu with no trouble. However, it has problem overwriting the desk.cpl.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OCP Certified Oracle 8i DBA.

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

Comment

Working...
          X