Anyone tried the new PowerDVD 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the new PowerDVD 3.0?

Just wondering how this works with the G400 MAX. Anyone got any feedback on this?

Many people say that it's a great player, but it never really worked for me. Whenever i enable DVDMax the movie stutters like hell.
    Other Players (Cinemaster,WindDVD) work. And a PIII650 should be sufficent for smooth playback.
    I had this with every version including 3.0.

Comment

....could be a soundcard related problem....

PC
      Webmaster of 8Dimensional
      daily computer hardware news, hype-news and video card recommendations
      review listings for: Radeon, KYRO, GeForce2 GTS, Voodoo5 and many more....

Comment

I tried PowerDVD 3.0 and found that its image quality on my system is much better than any of the Cinemaster players. The controls surpass any other players. I think the image quality on WinDVD 2.3 is about as good as PowerDVD 3.0, however.

I'm running a PIII 500MHz machine with a G400 (non-Max) 32Mb. My testing has been done on Win98 and Win2000 Pro.

Comment

No, I haven't tried TV out. I've been TV-free for several years. I now waste time on my computer instead.

Comment

That's the point. PowerDVD works great on my Monitor, but looses badly on my TV.

Comment

Oh, I was responding to the original question, which I took to be about general performance of PowerDVD on a Matrox G400/450. But I'm glad to be warned about these other problems.

Comment

I haven't tried it with DVDMAX yet, but it works great on WinMe so far, much better than Cinemaster, which for some unknown reason only worked when some other DVD software is installed (under WinMe, it works fine under Win2K). Picture quality is great on the monitor, when I feel like moving my PC into the living room, i'll test DVDMax (read that as when next I get bored)
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Where did you get it from?

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

icq me #10880190 and I'll send it to you.

Comment

Do you use TV-OUT?

Comment

Working...
                      X