No announcement yet.

how to make 60min. mpeg1 on normal cd ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make 60min. mpeg1 on normal cd ?

1300 kbps for video
    160 kbps for audio

that should fit just over 60 minutes onto 650 megs.

note those are kilo bits, not bytes (byte = 8 bits)

go grab this encoder:
    http://corwin.indstate.edu/ictatha/d...pg1_ver1_8.zip

read the readme and it tells you how to specify video and audio bitrate. This program will actually allow you to encode stuff with a higher bitrate than normally alowed, which is cool, because you can get higher quality than normally allowed with mpg1.

here is a little tool i made in excel to calculate video or audio rates given the length of the capture, based on the idea of fitting it on a 650 meg cd
    http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip.../5472/tool.xls

Comment

how to make 60min. mpeg1 on normal cd ?

I think i read somewhere that a normal 650mb cd can contain about 62 min. of mpeg1.
      How do i create a mpeg1 file of that size ?
      or rather i dont know an encoder that can encode a 6 gig. avi ,which would be about the size of a 352x288 on a miro dc10+.
      I know of other miro cards like mp10 which capture mpg`s directly.

Comment

If your captured video is more than 2GB total (or 1GB depending on the software you are using) and your mpeg encoder does not accept multiple avis for encoding to a single mpeg, and you do not have a video editor which allows you to encode from a sequence of avis on a timeline then you can try some of the suggestions below. They work with Panasonic encoder, hopefully they will work with yours.

Either use VirtualDub (free download) to framserve a sequence of avis to the mpeg encoder.

Or encode each avi as a separate mpeg then join the mpegs using DOS copy command, or Camel mpegjoin or vcdcutter. These joined mpegs will play in Windows media player. However if you are trying to make a VCD they will not be VCD compliant and will hang at the first join. In this case you can use the joined mpeg as the input file to the encoder and run it through the encoder again to generate a VCD compliant mpeg. (Panasonic encoder sometimes sees a false and extremely large number of frames when using a joined mpeg as input - the number of frames to be encoded has to be set manually).

Comment

I have tried xingmpeg encoder 2.20, and ligos lsx mpeg encoder 3.0.
          I seems to me if i try to encode an avi larger than 1 gig it fails after a while. The avi itself plays back fine through the windows mediaplayer.
          I have got no ideer why this happens.
          gbYnpP

Comment

I dont have any problems with xingmpgeg to encode 1,99GB avi's
            It's fast but produces poor quality!
            Even with the bitrate upped so a 2H movie gets on 4 cd's!

------------------
            INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
            G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
            SBlive
            128 MB RAM
            19GB HDD Space! (6.4+13 quantum drives)
            SONY CDU771 32X SLOT IN
            SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

SteveR, Currently i know of no program that can take multiple avi's and encode into a single mpeg file, if you do know one that could do that please tell me. As for Frame Serving, well i've never heard of it :P it would be really nice if you could explain the process. It'd save alot of HD space and Time.

Comment

I belive ulead video studio 4.0 does the job.
                This is a quote from this forum:
                http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002872.html

I use Videostudio 4 from Ulead http://www.ulead.com.

This allows me to capture *REAL-TIME* into MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 (requires at least PII400 for MPEG-1 and PIII500 for MPEG-2).

Also I can input several M-JPEG avi files (captured using any Video For Windows Capture Utility e.g. Matrox PC-VCR) and output to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, avi, asf, or Quicktime.

Works a treat although the MPEG-2 encoding can be quite slow (about 3-5x realtime on my PII 350).

Comment

That latest and greatest LSX mpg Encoder states that it will encode multiple .avi files into a single MPEG file in Video CD format, ready to burn to a CD.
                  Warning: This program is expensive but you can get an upgrade price (only $199, I think), if you have the 'basic' version that comes with the Marvel G400 card.

Comment

I have got the lxs-mpeg encoder 3.0 (the latest).It can not comebine several avi`s into one mpg. It can do batch processing - but thats another story.
                    Where did you read that ?

Comment

Sugestion.
                      Make Mpeg1's then join in Ifilmedit $49 ex cinax.com
                      Works on even the smallest eyetems
                      ie.100mghz pentiums
                      Clem Reid
                      Toshiba P200 notebook
                      Dual core 2.16Ghz
                      2Gb Ram
                      2 x 160Gb HDD
                      XP Pro
                      DVD Multi drive

Intel P4P800 865PE
                      2GB DDR333
                      1 x 120Gb SATA Seagate 7200
                      WXP Pro
                      A06 DVD Writer
                      Samsung CDR/RW

Intel 815EP P111 1ghz
                      512mg 133Ram
                      40Gb ATA Seagate 7200
                      200Gb ATA Seagate 7200
                      WXP
                      Samsung CDR/RW
                      Poineer DVD Rom

1 X 250Gb ATA Seagate 7200 in caddie
                      1X 250GB Maxtor in Caddie

Comment

The frameserver option in virtualdub sets up a dummy avi. This avi is loaded into the client application (eg the mpeg encoder). When the other application "reads" frames from the dummy avi they are actually served by virtualdub from a series of avis which can exceed 2GB. It is explained much better in the virtualdub help file
                        http://www.geocities.com/virtualdub/

I just discovered a neat trick with VS4. If you load a series of VCD-compliant mpegs into the storyboard/timeline and then create video using the VCD mpeg option, it smart renders to a vcd-compliant mpeg. No w\quality loss like you get when feeding an mpeg a second time through an mpeg encoder.

Comment

I still dont quite understand it, Is it so that you can use files above 2gb in encoding programs so that they dont crash? or is it so u can do multiple files into a encoder? i tried using it, all it wanted was 1 file to setup..

Comment

Maybe i should rephrase the question to :
                            How do i encode a 1 hour avi ?

Comment

Best way is to use:
                              Avi_io - seamless capture
                              Adobe premiere and Panasonic MPEG1 Enc Plugin 2.x to Export Mpeg1 movie from Adobe Premiere

1. Capture a movie at 352x240 (videoCD format)
                              2. Join avi files in Premiere
                              3. Export Movie using Panasonic Enc. as VideoCD 352x240 1150 kbits/s, audio 224 kbits/s, Half Pel, Video Filter: Adaptive-Weakest, Color Tone:TV

If you use CDRW, 2 hour movie fits on 2CDs in VideoCD format(1 min/10MB) and can be played on any DVD/VideoCD player (Pioneer 525 will play regular CDR too.

Panasonic gives the best MPEG1 quality (I tryied all others..)

Comment

Working...
                              X