When is GDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is GDC?

Firingsquad just said that MAtrox won't be ready to talk about next generation products until GDC. So my question is when is GDC?

Is there a list of events anywhere?
    Salmonius

My question is, what is GDC?

Good Day for Confession?
    Green Donkey Competition?
    Gosh Darn Cat?
    Gee, Dat's Cool?
    Gibberish Deliberation Confederation?
    Game Developers Conference?

So the NDA ends at GDC when DDR and EDO fight the NWO over the ETA of the G800? :-)

Cerb
    <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

lol! I was just going to post the same thing. More info to feed off of. <sigh> Another time of waiting.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Maybe it's this?

http://www.gdconf.com/
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

One more thing, here is when it is:

March 20-24 2001

Comment

aarr enny oo enny-or?

*pick's up jaw from the floor and re-inserts it*

March twenty to twenty-four??? *insert expletives here*

Surely that can't be right. I mean, there's been rumoured specifications flying around since when? These rumours must have been founded on something, so that would mean that Matrox will have been on development for 12 months (or is it more).

I mean, I am a loyal Matrox user, but I really am starting to get frustrated with all this because Matrox's reputation is dwindling away fast as they lag far behind everyone else as far as flagship products go.

I have already comitted myself to sticking with my G400 till the next generation Matrox is released and I don't care if it's another 5 months (that date almost coincides with my birthday, so may not have to save up so much for it) but still, I was hoping that the G800 would have been out for at least a month or 3 by that time next year. That way at least the price may have stabilised a little.

Sorry about the rant.

Cerb

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

The NV40, Radeon 8, and Rampage 2 will be out by the time the G800 hits the shelves

Comment

Well, if they're not careful, even BitBoys may beat them to market.

When's NV20 due? I thought it was waiting on dx8? If so, Matrox are probably about to go 3 generations behind.

Cerb

Comment

> Well, if they're not careful, even BitBoys may beat them to market.

That's actually quite funny! :-)

I truly hope for Matrox that this is not true. There is a good chance that I will get a gf2 ultra after Christmas if they go down in price. I still find $300 to be way to much for a video card but they all seem to be going towards that. I guess all the companies did some market research.

Salmonius

Comment

From the rumors floating about,it seems that Nvidias next card(nv20)will be announced in february with cards hitting retail just a couple weeks after(like when they anounced the Geforce 2).

I'm afraid that the G800 will have some very stiff competition when it(finally)hits store shelves,if indeed that is the anouncement date.
                    note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                    P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

You know, just because you bought a G200 5 years ago you don't have to stick with Matrox forever. You actually may choose and buy other manufacturers' products if they are better (and some are).
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by impact:
                        You know, just because you bought a G200 5 years ago you don't have to stick with Matrox forever. You actually may choose and buy other manufacturers' products if they are better (and some are).
                        Or upgraded your G200 to a G400 Max and wait until GXXX comes out!

------------------
                        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

March 2001 before they even TALK about it?

I've been putting off upgrading my G400 because I really like the image quality of my G400, but it's a little slow for the newer games.

I guess I should stop putting it off and get a Radeon.

Comment

Originally posted by NordicNINE:
                            March 2001 before they even TALK about it?

I've been putting off upgrading my G400 because I really like the image quality of my G400, but it's a little slow for the newer games.

I guess I should stop putting it off and get a Radeon.
                            Get a Radeon! I just got an AIW today and after dumping everything Matrox and few tweeks this thing really does fly!!

Yes! This thing rocks!

A Very Happy
                            WMTJ

BTW

Matrox, the grass is greener over here!!

whooowwweeeee!!!
                            http://www.skynary.com/winstonco1
                            Not all will capitolize on the webs greatest opportunity!Only the few with a vision!

Comment

I am thinking about putting together a new system. The processor is already chosen (GigaAthlon) and I don´t want any of those NVIDIA and ATI crap. I´m still thinking about purchasing a G400 MAX... But the card is to slow for gaming in a system with a 1GHz CPU.

A lot of people who intends to buy a new rig are forced to turn to other companies than Matrox for their graphics card.

Please release the G800 and please do it soon. (hoping that a powerfull Matrox official is reading this)

Comment

Working...
                              X