Need help with AGP problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with AGP problem

I have a G400 single head 32MB and curretly on AGP 1x , I want to enable it to AGP 2x. I know my motherboard and video cards supports up to AGP 2x and I have tried the PD5RegHack and reboot, still no AGP 2x. Can someone help me with this thank you.

system specs please
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes.
      System specs
      Driver versions
      any useful info.

What you are doin is saying "my car makes a funny noise, what's wrong with it?". Without specifics it's awefully hard to diagnose a problem.

I will say this...if your card is running in 1x mode, there is a reason (outside the G400 or G400 drivers) for it. Forcing 2x in the registry could potentially cause instabilities for very little or no gain in performance.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

What you are doin is saying "my car makes a funny noise, what's wrong with it?". Without specifics it's awefully hard to diagnose a problem
        hehehe Working in an Auto parts store I know this for a fact, but you'd Die laughing at some of the noises people try to reproduce.. LOL... hehehe
        I've heard people try to describe PC noises too, which is pretty funny to witness...

Anyways, How did you find out you were running in AGP1x??
        Why do you think you need AGP2x?? performance?? specific app. you need to run?? want the buzz word??

Craig

------------------
        P3-700E @933|128 PC100|Asus P2B Rev.1.10|G400 32Mb DH|PCI64

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 18 November 2000).]
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

I spec.
          p2-300
          Motherboard is Asus P2L97
          128Ram
          20G Hard drive
          OS is windows 98
          G400 driver is 610
          G400 BIOS is 203

I just want to get the most performance as possible out of this crapy computer i have.

Comment

Well, first off you are using PD6.xx version drivers. PD5 registry hacks will not work on PD6.xx.

Try the Matrox Tech Support Tweak Utility (mtstu300) on their web site
            http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...s/ftp_util.cfm
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Second off, you are usin a P2L97.
              An LX based mobo.
              Concider yourself lucky the card runs at all on that board.
              P2L97 is notorious for problems with 2nd gen and newer AGP cards.
              Asus even posted a page on how to modify that mobo, because basically it can't supply enough current for newer AGP cards:
              http://www.asus.com/products/techref...nt-rework.html

Comment

Hey Kruzin, I downloaded the MTSTU305 tweak utility and the program is pretty neat and all but it still don't go to 2x after i reboot.
                It says that My maximum chipset speed is 2x
                current chipset speed 2x
                current video card speed 1x
                sideband addressing is on

Do you think it is the new driver problem? because my AGP slot speed is currently on 2x and the video card speed so i think it must be the driver. what do you think?

Comment

DingDong, you're not going to get 2x. First off, you shouldn't care: you wouldn't notice a difference.

I'll repeat: you have an LX-based motherboard. No AGP2x for you. Be grateful you have 1x.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have a Asus P2L97-DS in my girlfriends computer, and she has my old G200 (and my old Voodoo2 SLI setup). It wont run 2X either. Dont worry about it. I dont think the LX realy does do 2X AGP.

Also a P2 300 wont run the G400 to the max anyway, so no point introducing instabilitys by forcing 2X agp that will gain you nothing.

Good to see you can get the G400 running in that board though. Means my girlfriend can get my G400 when the G800 comes out.

Ali

Comment

Working...
                    X