BX133 & G400+RRG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BX133 & G400+RRG

Can someone heapl me? I want to upgrade my curent system ( Iwill BD100 + Celeron 333 ) wiht Abit BX133-RAID board, PIII Coopermine 733Mhz (133Mhz FSB) and appropriate PC133 memory. I'm owner of G400 32MB DH and Rainbow Runner G. I wander, am I going to have a problem running FSB on 133, because of overclocked AGP and PCI ports. I read abouth that issue and I know that it wouldn't be such a problem, but in this case... Matrox cards G400 DH (AGP) and Rainbow Runner G (PCI) are connected with two ribbon cables and have continouse communication. At 133Mhz FSB both AGP and PCI slots are overclocked but not proportional. Could it lead to unstable system, crashes or even system failure? Does someone have any experience in this matter? If this thing failes, what is the best upgrade solution for me? ( I hate VIA 4in1 drivers solution so I have to waith for 760 chipset, to upgrade on Athlon )
    Please healp! If you desire, you can contact me personally at magick@operamail.com Marcus

Personally i would stay away from any of the BX-133 solutions on the market. the VIA drivers are not too bad anymore, and odds are if you grab an AMD board you might still be stuck w/ using the VIA 4 in 1's as the southbridge could be a via chipset as well.

on any of the BX133 platforms, the PCI will run at spec speed (33mhz), but yes, the AGP will be out of spec. The fact it is out of spec makes it impossible to tell if a video card will run. Yes, Matrox cards have a much higher quality than any other consumer cards and are usually able to take it, but sometimes it doesn't. Anyways, off of the rambling.

It should work, as the internal core speeds remain the same, even on an overclocked bus. The only thing in the card is the AGP interface is running faster, with everything else running at the same speed. if the G400DH card will take the higher AGP speed, it should work.

Then again, i have no experience with this, so i can't say for sure. With an overclocked AGP bus, who can tho?
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002866.html

------------------
      Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
      X