X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RANT] Enough about the G800

Hey all

<rant>
    Is it just me who is tired of seeing these countless topics devoted to the G800 (including this one, yeah I know)? No one seems to know anything about its existence, forget about details, and all I see is endless speculation. So how about we all agree to shut up about this thing and let Matrox do their thing? Too many valid questions/comments about the existing Matrox cards are being lost in the G800 forest. Maybe Ant can set up a "G800 speculation" forum for those who must speak. Until then, could we please not have any more talk of it unless you actually know something?
    </rant>

Please bear in mind that I am writing this after countless little heart attacks suffered by seeing the word "G800" in the subject line of a post at MURC.

Later,
    Rahul
    Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

OMG! Did you just mention the G800?</P>

When?!?! WHEN?!?!?!?!?!!! will it be out?</P>

ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!!</P>

</P>

Comment

Yet you post something else.

Comment

I agree let's stop posting bullshit rumors and speculations about it!!!!!!!!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well I disagree. I'm tired of hearing people bitch about others peoples posts. Everyone is entitled to post just about anything they want within the specific topic. Nobody controls anyone else and therefore nobody has the right to get pissed over someone elses post that falls in the topic category. If you don't want to hear about then don't read it. I like to hear all of the rumours, speculations, lies, truths and anything else anyone conjurs up out of there brains.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Good call Helevitia.

Comment

Well, I use MURC as my source of Matrox info, and consider the people who post here both knowledgeable and enterprising in their search for information. I also admit that I have kept my eyes peeled on this forum for any news, since it will undoubtedly be the firt place that I personally will hear about the next Matrox card. At the same time, I am a little tired of seeing posts with the subject "G800 info" or "When will the G800 be out anyway?", which both increase my blood pressure and leave me completely unsatisfied. Sound familiar?

Maybe I am just losing my patience with Matrox <hint hint >, and taking it out on the poor people of this forum. God knows a lot of us Matrox loyalists have waited long enough for this card, and fought off the Nvidia/3dfx temptation. I enjoyed the initial speculative posts we had that had 100s of replies, but if one more person posts a question about the G800 AND I am in a bad mood AND it's clear they haven't searched the forum, well, I'll be naming my UT bots after them pretty soon. Maybe just a short note at the top of the forum page, saying "Nobody knows anything about the G800" would help.

Of course, I doubt if my rambling will have any effect. Nevertheless, like you said, Dave, it's a forum, and people like me will post what they want.

-Rahul
              Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
              Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

"I'm tired of hearing people bitch about others peoples posts."

LOL! Stop bitching about other people's posts!

Comment

I so tired of hearing people bitching about people bitching

I WANT MY G800, I WANT MY G800, I WANT MY G800, I WANT MY G800, I WANT MY G800,

There!! I'm done Bitching

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

lol! This is why I created the following thread
                    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001058.html

This pretty much sums up my frustrations recently.

Love ya all!

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm afraid it's inevitable, we have the same thing everytime, had it for the G450, G400, G200, G100, G000, m3D...

Comment

I certainly hope they're not waiting on BitBoys. And if they are, they're most likely waiting on a technology specificaion, not Bitboys' actual production of chips - which is something that can never happen. If it did, it would be like one of those universal paradoxes like meeting yourself in a time machine. Very bad.

- Gurm

------------------
                        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm:
                          I certainly hope they're not waiting on BitBoys. And if they are, they're most likely waiting on a technology specificaion, not Bitboys' actual production of chips - which is something that can never happen. If it did, it would be like one of those universal paradoxes like meeting yourself in a time machine. Very bad.

- Gurm

Let's clear couple of things out...

first, XBA is only technology which is used by Glaze3D (or whatever.) chip.

second, XBA technology is ready, Glaze3D not.

third, XBA can be lincensed by other companies from Bitboys, but Glaze3D cannot be lincensed because it is their product!

For G400 Matrox licensed EMBM from bitboys, not the whole Pyramid 3D ( thank god! ) chip.

For G800, has been rumoured that Matrox could have licensed XBA technology, not the whole Glaze 3D chip.

Hopefully this made things little bit easier to understand.

I End this report from here.
                          This is Lasse Kärkkäinen Kotka, Finland.

"Dippadai"

Comment

Sorry, that's what I meant. Someone earlier had simply said "oh, Bitboys says next year for their chip, and that means next year for G800", and I was saying they were licensing the technology, not the chip.

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

There's a G000?

Comment

Working...
                              X