Oh Well, What next?....Pointless ramble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Well, What next?....Pointless ramble

Seeing as Matrox hasnt so far announced anything new it looks like that i will take up my nephews offer and buy his sdr geforce for £50. I have been holding back on a purchase for nearly 4 months and was debating which card to buy for my new games machine. I must admit that i have been slightly saddened not to see Matrox reveal anything at Comdex but I can only blame myself for believing in the speculation that has littered this forum for the past 6 months.
    I have recently been tempted by the Radeon but wasnt prepared to pay £200+ for a card that I would consider replacing when the G800 was released. The Geforce will work fine until something more permanent comes along. Luckily for me my games machine is only a cheapy that i have built from spare parts and a newly acquired Celeron 533 and is unlikely to be used for anything serious (not that playing Q3 or UT isnt :-)).

Hopefully Matrox's next product will take the lead in quality and speed (if only for a short period of time).

Here's to Matrox and their quality products.

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Apparently the loss of staff has delayed the next generation Matrox card and I would expect it some time next year, hopefully before summer, likely summer.

*edit* This is of course my opinion, it is not based on any inside information, just based on what has happened in the past and also on postings by others in this forum that know a little (or a lot) more than I do. */edit*

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 14 November 2000).]
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
    X