Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not the slots... guess my G400 is toast...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the slots... guess my G400 is toast...?

If any of you read my post(s) in the Scout255 thread, here's an update (such as it is).

Since I couldn't get the G400 to work-- even after recovering the BIOS with Matrox's recover tool-- or get the S3 PCI card to work in slot 1, but only in slot 3, I was figuring that I was going to have to take out the BX mobo and change it back to the LX board...

As I was getting it out of the closet I found Jord's G200 (yes, it was there all the time, I was hysterical, so sue me ) and decided to try it as a last-ditch effort.

It was immediately detected by WinME and 5.52 installed with no problems. Updated the BIOS to the current, and now 6.04 is running with no problems.

Jord will try the G400 on a different machine, but does anybody have an alternative to "The card has been toasted somehow?"

Just wondering.

-------------------------------------
    Holly

Probably your G400 BIOS checksum was damaged during flashing process!

Try this procedure:
    1- Download the lastest BIOS from Matrox website.
    2- Go to the REAL MODE DOS (Press F8 during Win9x boot! In WIN ME use real dos patch) then go to the directory where there is Matrox BIOS and TYPE: PROGBIOS -d> PINS.TXT
    3-Now type: PROGBIOS -i auto -s PINS.TXT -k

This can save your G400!

Good luck; let we know!

[This message has been edited by Venturer (edited 13 November 2000).]
    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Oh, i forgot to tell you that you had to use an old PCI or ISA card (Set the BIOS option "Init Display First" to PCI)!
      ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Hey thanks!!! I didn't believe there was any hope at all!!

I'll try it !!

--------------------------
        Holly

Comment

Working...
        X