Matrox G450 SDR vs. DDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G450 SDR vs. DDR?

I've noticed G450 SDR cards popping up, but I haven't seen any reviews of their performance. Has anyone benchmarked the performance of SDR vs. DDR on the G450?

64Bit SDR?!? If so, keep as far away from it as you can!
    Even the 64Bit DDR is actually holding the G450 back and it makes me shudder if I only think about a 64Bit SDR version...

Of course if it's 128Bit SDR (is this possible with the G450 actual layout?) then it should perfrom a bit better than the 64Bit DDR versions due to less overhead.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

That's my thought, especially considering the small (~US$20) price difference between them. I had the same question as to whether the G450 handles SDR/DDR like the GeForce2 MX does, i.e. 128-bit SDR/64-bit DDR. Also if it's really 64-bit SDR, I'm curious as to how bad it really is.

On the other hand, 3D performance aside, it's great that a Matrox DualHead card can be had for less than $90.

Thanks for the reply. I had posted this at Anand several days ago and had no replies at all. Guess I now know where to ask Matrox questions

Comment

Working...
      X