Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-800 how will it compare to ELSA Gloria III ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-800 how will it compare to ELSA Gloria III ?

Only Matrox can answer your question, and I suspect it will be quite a while before they even announce the G800.

It will be sooner that most of y'all think.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Maybe, but it is normally quite some time after Matrox announce a product when it finally arrives on the shelves - i.e if they announced the G800 tomorrow it would be a few months until you could buy one.

Comment

I hope it is available soon, because I'm ready for a new video card and processor. I also hope when it is released they will sell it somewhere else besides their price gouging, online store.
        Workstation Specs:
        Pentium 4 2 GHz, ASUSTek P4T-E i850, 1024 MB PC800 RDRAM, ATi Radeon 8500 64m, Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, 3Com 3C905TX-C NIC, Western Digital 80g ATA100 HD, Sony 16x/40x DVD-ROM, Sony CD-RW 175S/C, 19" Sony 420GS, and Windows XP Pro.

Comment

Don't the Xeon's still lack the SIMD instruction set? Doesn't seem like a good platform if your concerned about graphics performance. And when I looked at its L2 cache prices last year ... ouch!!!

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 05 August 2000).]
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

It would be nice if the G800 was available soon, although I'd need a second job to afford to buy it from the Matrox on-line store

Comment

Do you really want to know why Matrox had to resort to selling the G400s through their on-line store?

Because the mail order companies were not willing to buy them from Matrox and take a loss after they had allowed you to do a pre-order at a lower price than what they were going to be able get them for. The mail order companies set prices on the G400s before Matrox even announced what the price was going to be. So the mail order companies canceled their orders thus canceling yours. They did eventually become available through some mail order vendors but at a much higher price. That will teach them to set prices before they know what they can get them for.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Go with Elsa if you're into heavy 3D creation, they'vegot lots of experience in the 3D market, solid drivers supporting 3dmax ,maya etc.,and the Geforce is a real bargain in the pro 3d-card market.
                I'll stick with my g400 for the little 3dmax stuff I'm doing
                bruce c. sucks

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention this:
                  Elsa has some of the best logic circuitry in the business which really improves the anolog part of the image signal, in plain english: very good image quality, easy on the eyes.
                  bruce c. sucks

Comment

Two things:

- First, the Pentium III Xeon 933 is a coppermine olga mounted on a Slot 2 cartridge; So, it does support SSE SIMD. It is EXACTLY the same as a Pentium III 933, except that it is a slot 2 CPU.

- Also, Matrox will annouce the G800 chipset on November 13th (on monday), just after the DirectX 8.0 press release.
                    What was necessary was done yesterday;
                    We're currently working on the impossible;
                    For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                    - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                    - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                    - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                    - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                    - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                    (Server)
                    - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                    - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                    - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                    - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

@Turbo
                      "Yeah... it'a a gefarce... but optimized for Pro graphics with emphasis on Image Quality"

You can turn any GeForce2 GTS into a Quadro2
                      "The conversion is done by just changing the chip ID in the flash ROM of GeForce
                      from "GeForce" to "Quadro" with soldering and shifting one or two resistors."
                      Image Quality should be the same

But if you have the money...

PC
                      Webmaster of 8Dimensional
                      daily computer hardware news, hype-news and video card recommendations
                      review listings for: Radeon, KYRO, GeForce2 GTS, Voodoo5 and many more....

Comment

- Also, Matrox will annouce the G800 chipset on November 13th (on monday), just after the DirectX 8.0 press release.
                        Are you sure? How did you obtain this information? Isn't this one of your guesses again, told as if it's a fact?

Of course there is the possibility that the G800 has been ready for some time, but that it's new features won't be fully used without DirectX 8.0, and that Matrox has been waiting and bugfixing it's drivers till DX8 has been released?

Comment

Originally posted by frankymail:
                          Two things:

- First, the Pentium III Xeon 933 is a coppermine olga mounted on a Slot 2 cartridge; So, it does support SSE SIMD. It is EXACTLY the same as a Pentium III 933, except that it is a slot 2 CPU.
                          You forgot to mention the bigger L2 cache that turns a Cumine into a Xeon ...

Interesting ... any proof for that ?

Cheers,
                          Maggi
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

They could very well announce a G800, doesn't mean it would be the product you're waiting for. As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a G800, I'm sure Matrox will have another product out eventually, what it's name will be or it's specs, I have no idea, and I don't believe anybody who says they do.

Comment

hehe, Joel, are you a bot or something? Every time a thread is started about the G800, you post a message stating "It will be sooner that most of y'all think" or something to that effect. :-)

And you've been saying this for a while now...

Cerb
                              <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Working...
                              X