whistler beta 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whistler beta 1

will install this tomorrow & just wondering, do i use win2k drivers for this os?

build 2287 + 5.14 = G400d.DLL GPF -> BLUE Screen

build 2287 + 5.20 = OK...

------------------
    PIII-550E@733/1.65v, P3B-F, G400DH/32MB@140/186
    P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

latest drivers then?, cheers.

Comment

having a few problems, under dxdiag i have no d3d agp at all, no matter how many times i install the 5.20 drivers it still says driver version etc unavailable. reminds me of the first time i ran win2k, tried upgrading dx8 from 170 to rc1-219 but it still reports dx version as 170?. have installed 4.25a driver pack as well, so far i'm stumped.

irq's

(isa) 0 system timer
        (isa) 1 keyboard
        (isa) 4 com 1
        (isa) 6 floppydisk controller
        (isa) 8 system cmos/clock
        (isa) 13 numeric data processor
        (isa) 14 1st ide
        (isa) 15 2nd ide
        (pci) 7 soundcard
        (pci) 9 matrox g400max
        (pci) 11 via usb universial host.

amd athlon 750
        epox kx7a kx133
        256 mb kingmax pc133 ram
        matrox g400max (irq 9 on its own )
        hoontech soundtrack digital xg with db-1(irq 7 on its own)
        ibm 30gig 75 dxp
        intellimouse optical usb
        supraexpress 56epro modem
        logitech rumblepad usb

Comment

Where did you get the beta?

I'm a MSDN subscriber and when I heard it was available for download for MSDN subscribers, I quickly went to the secure MSDN site. I can't find them anywhere.\

Comment

It's there. I've just downloaded it. Nice little package of 350MB. Take a look at the following url:
            - http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscripti...s/subdwnld.asp

In the 'news' section you should see that Whistler is available.

Comment

its working now, had to enable agp4x in the bios, then update the driver by update driver via the *.inf file. i have always just used the setup.exe in the driver pack but in whistler when i do this i get no agp support at all.

i got it from a mates ftp.

Comment

Shame on you shame on you shame on you.

Also, it appears it is up to Matrox to provide drivers that are MultiMon compliant for it. Gonna have to start bugging them about it now...
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by tuco:
                  its working now, had to enable agp4x in the bios, then update the driver by update driver via the *.inf file. i have always just used the setup.exe in the driver pack but in whistler when i do this i get no agp support at all.

i got it from a mates ftp.
                  Well, I haven't managed to get the 5.20 Matrox drivers to install and work with hardware acceleration under Windows Whistler.

Even extracting the files and pointing to the INF files didn't really do anything different.

I had to roll back to using the "in the box" drivers to get any hardware acceleration.

Comment

Working...
                  X