Video capture not working with added video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video capture not working with added video card

I am unable to get the video capture function of my Matrox card working.
    I have a Matrox Marvel G200 PCI (no TV tuner) Card and am unable to get the video input working with a recent addition of an NVidia GeForce 2 MX AGP card to allow a second monitor to be attached.
    Windows Me refuses to install the Matrox VCR software saying the hardware is not capable of this software. Windows 2000 Professional (service pack 1) happily installs the video software and sets up video out but reboots when Quick Connect input is selected to set up video in.

Both operating systems install the drivers and PowerDesk fine and are happy to display across both monitors and the TV output on the Matrox monitor and on TV.

I am based in New Zealand and use PAL TV system.

Pentium III 500 MHZ, 512 MB RAM
    Soundblaster Live Value, Gigibyte GA-6VX-4X Motherboard(Modem, SCSI and satellite receiver card in other PCI slots)

I have tried to use the PCI card (Matrox) as the default card in the BIOS but Win Me refuses to boot showing a blue screen that says a windows error has occurred. Win 2000 seems to boot but nothing is visible on either display.

I would be happy to use either operating system to capture video but would prefer Win 2000.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for both cards and the video capture option was working fine on both operating systems prior to the addition of the NVidia card. I have also formated the hard drive and reinstalled all operating systems.

No response has come from Matrox technical support to this query as yet, hopefully someone else can suggest a solution?

Sorry, no help here, but welcome aboard!

Just wondering, does your MX card have twinview? if so maybe that is causing problems.

also, check IRQ settings to make sure there is no sharing.

Ali (also from NZ)

Comment

Doesn't the Marvel have to be the "Primary" VGA for capture to work?

You may want to ask on the official T.S. forums to get a definitive answer, or post your question over on the Desktop Video forum here.
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
      X