Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropped DVD-picture using DVDmax

Hi

When I use the DVDmax feature the DVD-picture on my TV is somewhat cropped what can I do to prevent this?

/Søren

Set Preserver source cropping in your DVDMax Options.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Nearly all tv's have some kind of overscan clipping in all directions. I never knew just how much that was until I did the DVDmax dance and I saw it unclipped on the monitor and clipped on the tv at the same time.

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this on the DVDmax side. Some tvs allow you to tweak the overscan adjustments, but most do not.

Comment

there are 3 main aspect ratios:

4:3 which is standard TV
        16:9 most movies are this
        1:2.35 Better movies are this (Matrix)

Computer monitors are 4:3 unless you have the Sony W900 which is 16:10 and $2300.
        So most movies - DVD's - will be cropped - black bars on top and bottom - even more so for the 2.35 aspects.

Comment

The cool thing is that the amount of overscan can be adjusted in the current drivers!

Enable DVD-Max, and play back a video using overlay. Go to "adjust the current display mode" in the PowerDesk monitor options, and you will be able to adjust the DVD-Max output settings

Don't be scared if you get 50Hz or 60Hz screen as soon as you touch the 'adjust display mode' button... this is the normal output of the G400's tv-out, and the monitor will get this too, as long as you are adapting the settings. As soon as you saved them, your monitor will switch back to normal.

Comment

Can the refresh rate be changed to 60Hz PAL with this method?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus:
              The cool thing is that the amount of overscan can be adjusted in the current drivers!
              Is that for TV out or VGA ?
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
              LG BH10LS38
              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

TV-Out if you have a tv hooked up to your second head. I guess it would be vga if you have a monitor hooked up (I haven't tried it). I haven't tried refresh, but I think there was no refresh option when adjusting the tv-out properties.

Update: I just checked... I can't do 'adjust current display mode' any more without having a monitor selected from the 'matrox monitor custumization list'. I guess if you do select a monitor from the list, you can adjust the tv-out stuff... it's odd that they removed the feature to adjust the tv-out properties without selecting a monitor in that list. With the 5.14 drivers this was possible.

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 09 November 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X