G400 and P6BAT -A+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and P6BAT -A+

Hi i have just put in a G400 DH into a friends computer and after installing driver 6.04.029 everything works fine until i go to shutdown then a blue screen will come up with a vmm error . This happens in win98se and millenium and also with the driver that came with the card 5.? .
    Anybody got any idea whats wrong his system its not the card because it runs fine on my system.
    his specs are below.

elitegroup p6bat -a+
    celeron 400
    64 meg
    seagate 6.4
    sb 128 pci

Uninstall the drivers with the uninstaller, then try again. Did you make sure you did a full uninstall the first time?

Get the uninstaller from matroxusers.com

Hope that works

Ali

Comment

Thanks for replying Ali.
      Yes i used the uninstaller and reinstalled windows on a clean hd 2/3 times.

Comment

Would installing the via 4 in 1 driver do anything , it has an agp driver or something in it.

Comment

I cant find any info on that mobo. Ive heard of a P6BXT-A+ before, and that uses a BX chip set. The via drivers wont help there.

By the way, the P6BXT-A+ has both a slot1 and socket on the board. Is that the one you are thinking of?

If it is a VIA chipset on that board, then definately install the 4 in 1 deivers.

Otherwise look through the FAQ forum. Make sure you have an IRQ for the Matrox. And other things like that.

Ali

Comment

the p6bat-a+ is based on a via chipset, so yes, install the via 4in1 drivers. I'm sure that will fix the bsod.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help i loaded the 4 in 1 driver and that has fixed the shutdown problem .

Comment

Working...
              X