Does the G200 DVD adon card work with the G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the G200 DVD adon card work with the G400

Got one for *cough* "free" at work! On the box it says its for the g100 & g200 series! G400 was not available when they made this card (I think)! It's the GS/DVDMOD/I

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/u.../dvd_video.cfm

------------------

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

From that very page you linked to:

Upgrade for:
      Millennium G200
      Millennium G200 SD
      Mystique G200
      Marvel G200-TV
      Marvel G200
      Productiva G100
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Jepp but the G400 was not available when they made the card! Therefore the Q is it compatlble?

------------------

Comment

No, it is an
          Upgrade for:
          Millennium G200
          Millennium G200 SD
          Mystique G200
          Marvel G200-TV
          Marvel G200
          Productiva G100

G400 does not have the needed connectors.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sorry, but....

People have got the G200 DVD decoder working with G400's, if its connected via a RRG, and not overclocked. Don't believe me....search on Haigs quote that you CAN, either in here somewhere or the tech forum......
            This is as usual unsupported by Matrox (whats new).
            "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

Guru:

Cods has the lowdown on this combo. If you have an RRG, then it will work in combination with it and a G400. Several users have successfuly used this combo...but it is unsupported. Meaning you have no cause to complain if it doesnt.

If you plug it directly into the G400, you'll have to underclock it...not something that you'd want to do...but it has been done.

On the other hand, if you get a g200 PCI, you've got some possibilities. Hardware DVD acceleration for less than $75.00 Sweet.

I own one of these puppies, and the picture quality and smoothness of playback are startling if you can just get it running. (Not an easy or automatic task.)
              Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
              CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
              Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
              X