Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox and dell

coooooool another big oem partner

Montreal, Canada, October 31, 2000-Matrox Graphics Inc. today announced that its Matrox Millennium G450 32 MB graphics card with DualHead™ Display will be offered as the standard card on the Dell™ Precision™ Workstation 220, 420, and 620 models.
    The Millennium G450-powered Precision Workstation is equipped with an Intel Pentium III processor running from 800 MHz to 1.0 GHz and up to 2GB of dual-channel RDRAM memory. Dell's Precision Workstation 220, 420, and 620 models offer exceptional performance and scalability for professional users in the high-end financial, graphic design, digital content creation, computer-aided design, geographic information systems, and software development markets.
    As well as Matrox's trademark DualHead display technology, the standard Millennium G450 32MB graphics card delivers high-performance technology combined with vivid, responsive 2D/3D graphics, DVD acceleration, 3D Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping, and TV output . In addition, the Millennium G450's driver stability and all-round performance have readied this card to blaze trails in productivity and multitasking.
    "The practical benefits of DualHead Display continue to make the Millennium G450 the solution of choice for professional users," said Kamran Ahmed, senior strategic marketing manager, Matrox Graphics Inc. "With DualHead's selection of productivity-enhancing modes and features, Precision Workstation users will be able to meet today's business and design challenges with efficiency."
    Matrox DualHead Display is an innovative feature that powers two display screens simultaneously and offers computer users a wide range of operational modes and intuitive software tools designed to increase productivity and enhance entertainment. DualHead's unique features improve user experience with design applications, content creation, video editing, Web browsing, home imaging, DVD viewing, and gaming. Using either an RGB monitor or analog flat panel as a primary display and a separate RGB monitor, TV, or analog or DVI-based digital flat panel as a secondary display, DualHead's five operating modes- Multi-Display, Zoom, Clone, TV Output, and DVDMax- allow users to accomplish more tasks with greater efficiency.

Damn! You beat me to the punch.

It's about damn time that Dell pulled their heads out of their @sses and offered a decent video card!

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I got Dell catalog with thouse PC's in it 2-3 weeks ago...
      Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

i'm happy about this since the only desktops and laptops i buy at work are dell and now i will be able get good video cards with them

Comment

Well, these are "power" desktops...
          Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

Couldn't you get the G400 with the workstations? IIRC, Dell offered G400's on all their Optiplex line.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

b
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

My Precision Workstation 210 was delivered with a G400Max (almost a year ago)...
              ------
              Many?

Comment

That one is about G450

Comment

Working...
                X