Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400MAX - How to make the second display go beyond 60Hz in clone mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX - How to make the second display go beyond 60Hz in clone mode?

Matrox Powerdesk 6.14.051
    I'm using a SVGA LCD Projector on the second head, to watch dvd's. It's connected with a vga cable(with svideo or composite the image on the projector is horrible to say the least). I can't use the DVDMAX option cause it only seems to work when it's connected via a svideo/composite cable. So I'm stuck with clone mode. And I get 60Hz on both the monitor and projector. I know I can choose to Keep Optimal Refresh Rate on the main monitor, but then I get no picture on the projector. Both displays need to have the same refresh rate for the overlay to work on the second head aparently... So I'm stuck with 60hz on the projector, wich suck, especially on the pan scenes, I notice the refresh alot.. and the projector can do lots more, 120Hz if I'm not mistaken. Help please, I heard there's some sort of trick, like messing with the registry to pump up the refresh rates. Thanx in Advance for any info!

You don't say what OS you're running.

If it's Win 9x/NT, then each head is treated as (to all intents and purposes) a seperate video card. You can set the resolutions and refresh rates indendantly.

With Win2k, each has to be the same refresh rate, so force refresh rate to something like 75Hz (or whatever is supported by the monitor/projector) and that should sort you out.
    Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

Sorry, I'm using Win98. The refresh rates have to be identical if I'm going to display overlay video on the second head. But it never goes beyond 60Hz. Even if I force the refresh of the primary display to 75Hz it remains at 60Hz...

Comment

when i enable this check-box my 2nd monitor does more than 60hz. try it!
        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
        512MB SDRAM133
        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
        Windows XP Prof

Comment

I've tried that already.. several times.. But it only affects the refresh of the main monitor, it jumps from 60hz to 85hz. The second monitor remains at 60hz. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that an LCD Projector isn't plug'n'play, I dunno.

Comment

I have a problem with Windows 2000 where the matrox monitor settings do not work if I use a BNC cable. So I think you might be on the right track with the lack of P&P support.

Paul

Comment

Radical soultion is to use svideo input of your projector (it should have it).
              The only thing you need it svideo cable.
              Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

idealcrash, what make/brand projector do you use? Is it flash-upgradable? You say it's a SVGA LCD projector. How much Hz does the standard SVGA monitor in WIndows do in comparison? (I think it's only 60 Hz) Maybe if you can get better drivers, directly for the projector, then you'll be able to get a higher frequency (?).

Bursar, hint: If says he's running Powerdesk 6.14.051, you know he's using Win9x/ME

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                X