Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little questions...

Hi,

In an other I saw that people recommanded that the G400 has her own IRQ. My G400 IRQ is shared with my promise ATA/66, should I really try to give my G400 a unshared IRQ? Are there any advantages to this?
    Also, in my mobo bios I have a setting about the cache of my G400 (I think). There's 2 settings UC/USWC... what's the differences between them?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

If everything is working fine leave it we only suggest moving it to it's own irq when poeple are having problems.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

those promise pci ATA66/100 cards seem to share any irq with little or no problems in my experience.

Comment

I think Jorden has an answer to this in the FAQ Files, but...

UC = Uncacheable. Pretty obvious, no speed gains.

USWC = Uncacheable, speculative write combining. Pipelines and combines video RAM reads/writes.

USWC is better, if your card supports it. I think "officially" the G400 doesn't ("officially", only the ATI cards do). But off the record, it works fine for me and many others, and nets you a few percent speed gain.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

AFAIK, G400 OFFICIALLY supports write combining, and Matrox drivers set WC behavior using MTRRs if it is not set by default.

Comment

Hi,

Ok, so if the G400 support the USWC.... I'm supposed to have a little speed up. I'll try it, last time I did with the 5.51 drivers my card slowed a little, but maybe those drivers weren't using it.

Spazm
            P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Greg, MTRRs? Can you explain that to us local people, please?

spazm_1999, the drivers have nothing to do with the G400 supporting UCWS or not. It's all supported through hardware.

What kind of speed are you looking for though? If fps (frames per second), then I wonder if UCWS helps that much. I think a powerfull CPU and lots of RAM on your mobo help more

Jord.

Btw, thanks Jason
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden, i'm not really seeking something faster... at lest for now 'cus I don't have time to play right now. I'm still satified with my P3-700E@805 & 128mb PC-100 Cas3. It's some weird ram thow it runs a 133 fsb faster than PC-133 ram... my CPU also weird it doesn't start if the FSB is higher than 115.... some intel software stated that it was the fsb limit on that CPU. Anyway, for now the speed is quite good.

Spazm

Comment

Working...
                X