G400 OGL & 3DMark2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 OGL & 3DMark2K

I have a P2 333 running winME and the only way to get 3DMark's progams to work was to set my AGP size to 4MB instead of 64MB or higher. Also I can't get OGL information and any OGL programs are crashing. (Like winamp plugins). I check for the driver and I have it (so Matrox Says) and it has it's own IRQ. Is there something I'm missing here? This is a fresh install. No OGL and D3D can't use AGP size. Help?

Give us some more system specifics, and we'll see if there is anything glaringly wrong. Also include a listing of your IRQ's.

Rags

Comment

My card is on RIQ 9 By it's self. sound card is RIQ 5. it's preaty easey I don't have OPEN GL and my card is running slow.

Comment

How about what kind of motherboard it is.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

"it's preaty easey I don't have OPEN GL and my card is running slow."

Nothing easy there. This could be any number of problems. As asked earlier, give complete system specs, and a full list of IRQ assignments if you want help.

It's hard to diagnose a problem when you don't know what you're working with...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

P2 333 Standard SD RAM 96MB
            ASUS P2L97 LX motherboard
            Soundblaster Live
            Matrox G400 DH OEM Video card
            Hollywood Magic DVD player
            Lan Card
            RIQ 9 is Matrox
            RIO 11 is DVD
            RIQ 5 is Soundcard
            RIQ 7 LAN Card

2X AGP Active

Running windows ME.
            96MB ram
            20.1 GIG WS Hard drive

I have the G400ICD.dll. but get no information using OGL utilities such as "system studio". and OGL programs and Demos failing.
            Also Poor preformance on Benchmarks using 3DBenchmark2000 (about 600 Points). I check this against another P2 333 with 64 MEGS of RAM and the same card (About 100 pionts).

Comment

So, with the drivers installed, you cannot get the system to work unless you set your aperture really low? This means you are experiencing what is known as "LX motherboard with new video card Syndrome". Basically, your motherboard cannot give enough juice to your, card, so you end up having to disable features to get it to even run, and end up not having 3D acceleration as a result. Options? Either buy a new motherboard, or buy an older video card if you want AGP, or find a PCI video card that will suit you. If I were you, I would be looking for a new motherboard.

Rags

Comment

I had a strange feeling that you were going to say that. I just needed a secong opion. Thanks. and Of course I'll be getting a new motherboard with a new CPU. I wanted to make sute that the G400 isn't broken. Thanks for the help.

Comment

"ASUS P2L97 LX motherboard"

Bingo.
                  This mobo is a know problem board with newer video cards. It simply can't supply the juice G400/TNT2/Geforcexxx cards need. In fact, Asus posted a manual fix (clip this, solder that) to try to get these mobos to supply the needed current. Unfortunatly, the link I have to that page is no longer active.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ah I found a different link on the german ASUS site:
                    http://www.asuscom.de/Products/Techr...nt-rework.html

Comment

Yup, I am 99.999999% sure your G400 is fine, and the motherboard is the root of your problem. Even if it turns out your G400 is defective, you have quite a while yet to get it RMA'ed, (should be at least 2 yrs left on that warranty )

Rags

Comment

Working...
                      X