Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 DH AGP 2X or 4X ???

Hi Guys, and Gals.
    I have heard some different opinions as to what this card is suppose to be. I also saw a post that said some of the older G400 cards are in fact 2X AGP cards and not 4X.

I have a G400 DH 32MB card (about 6 months old), and I can't set it to 4X. I am using an ASUS A7V MB which has been upgraded from my previous 2X AGP Motherboard. Is there a definitive list which states the g400 cards are AGP 4X. After looking at the installation manual, it says that it is compatable with AGP 4X and AGP 2X, but then it also says that the peak bandwidth is 533 MB/sec. That is in fact 2X speed because 4X is 1033 MB/sec.

I tried the tweak utility, and teh 4X was greyed out, and couldn't be selected.

Is The G400 MAX 4X????

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

If you searched these forums, you should have found the information.

If the serial # of your card has "4A", then it is a 4x card. If there is no A after the 4, it's a 2x.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks Wombat. I went through the last 30 days posts, but couldn't find the information.

I figured it would be quicker to post my own message.

thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X