New BIOS for the G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BIOS for the G400

Sorry if I'm a bit late, but the date on the folder says 25th of October, whereas the file itself has a datestamp of 16 October 2000.

But apparently there's a Bios 2.03.003 out for the <u>G200/G400/G450</u> based cards

Grab it from the ftp site at ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/bios/setup203.exe as it's nowhere to be found on the Matrox site ofcourse

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 27 October 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

It updated my G400 Bios from 1.6 - 25 to 1.9 - 33, but again no release notes on what it does better or worse
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Never bothered doing the last upgrade on the lines off it "ain't broke don't fix it" thanks for the info though.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Why's the file so much bigger?
        I think I'll wait for some official word from Matrox before messing with the BIOS. Took me quite a while before I had reason to even try the last update.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

There are two big files...

mini.ima 1474560
          PBiosWin.exe 1081344

The new PBiosWin.exe was written with MFC library and it seemed that it used static linking...

------------------
          PIII-550E@733/1.65v, P3B-F, G400DH/32MB@140/186
          P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Wow, my G200 now gives back rubs. Excellent new feature Matrox! Way to go!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Jorden. So far the only difference that I noticed is that bios rev line in the "Information" tab of the display properties.

Comment

Hmm.. It's giving a Permission denied when trying to download it.

Comment

Working...
                X