X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400DH + Win98+ 6.4 = crash

Hi,

Here is my problem:

I had the driver version 5.11 installed they worked rather good but i couldn't play in openGL because its really slow. So i tested all driver first 5.20 then 6.1 and know 6.4 but i allway have the same problem. I uninstalled the old drivers with the uninstall utility then i rebooted and i installed the new one but when i reboot again with the new drivers windows stops after rebooting and gives an error and reboots. When i reboot again window starts with 600x400 and 16 colors if I want to change the resolution i must restart and I get the same error.
    i tested it with only the Matrox card but i get the same problem. What can I do?

My system:
    Windows 98
    Matrox turboGL installed
    AMD K6-2 450Mhz
    64 Ram
    Matrox G400DH
    a GA-5AX Board with Ali Aladdin V AGPset

P.S.: Sorry for my English I'm German when you don't understand something ask

Might be a problem with your Matrox Bios. Look here how to reflash your Gx00's Bios

It might also be just a problem with your G400's BIOS, which you can c9onquer using this solution

I hope you did check if your monitor was still showng as you installed it as? Sometimes monitors don't show up as the one you installed it as, but revert back to VGA as well... That's also why you can't get more than 640x480x16 colours.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi,

Thx for the answer i will test that.
      Today i tried a few other thing i completly uninstalled all matrox drivers an tried 5.20 than than 6.40 and 6.1 but it is allways the same problem. A few minutes ago I tried 5.20 I uninstalled the old drivers and installed the new than i rebooted and it workes I tested openGl with Half-life and I got a blue screen i restarted and than i got the old problem before windows starts i get an error and the pc reboots automaticly.

It could be a BIOS problem because I updated it yesterday but the new drivers have never worked so I don't relly thing its the BIOS.

But why does the old driver (5.11) work and all others not?

I checked it now I thing i can't be the BIOS i have the newest version and when it would be the BIOS the 5.11 driver won't work.

please help me

[This message has been edited by Mr.Floppy (edited 28 October 2000).]

Comment

I'm not claiming to be an expert here but shouldn't you install the windows vga driver before you install the matrox drivers?

Comment

I did that!

Comment

Don't ever think that the newest BIOS solves your problems

I mean, try going back to an older BIOS (the one you used before, you did make a backup of your old BIOS, didn't you? If not, download it from MURC BIOS pages

Btw, what BIOS are you presently running?

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi,

Yes I did a backup but as I wrote in my last post: when that is a BIOS problem why does the older driver version 5.11 work? and why dint't the driver work before i updated my BIOS? I currently have BIOS version 1.6.25

Comment

Working...
              X