Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error opening video-files; errormessages: 4-bit or ACM-error with sound???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error opening video-files; errormessages: 4-bit or ACM-error with sound???

Hi there,

I really hate windows. I had Win98 SE on my PC. I have captured my vacation video
    on PC with my RR-G + G400 Max under Win98 SE with Virtual Dub. I have made a
    compilation of these small parts of video with Ulead Media Studio Pro 5.02.

Yesterday I have installed Win95 SE (because of green flashes on my TV). I have also
    installed Ulead MSP 5.02. When I try to open my project under MSP 5.02 I get some
    errors about reading files. But he opens it. When I look at my videofiles I have
    used in the project, there are some files that remain black but most of them are
    OK.

If I start a new project and I want to import one of the videofiles I was using
    in my first project, I get an errormessage (something about 4-bit???). If I try
    to open the file with VirtualDub I also get an error (something about ACM-compression
    of sound???). Within VirtualDub I can play the movie without sound. If I enable the
    sound I'm getting the 'ACM'-error.

What is going on? What can I do to solve this problem? Is there a problem with
    the version of my video-drivers? Or are there some codecs missing under Win95 that
    were available under Win98?

Kristof.

I was using Win98SE and new I'm using Win95. I have installed Win95 on my D-drive (Win98 was on my C-drive). SO it's a clean installation of Win95.

I'm using the same version of Ulead MSP as in Win98 SE. I don't think I need patches for this software.

The drivers for my videocard are version 5.55 and 1.54 for videotools. For my soundcard, I'm using the same drivers as I was using under Win98 SE.

Comment

afaik, you need some special patches for W95 in order to get your system running well.

Don't know which, but I'm sure someone else can help you with that ...
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Have you got the latest drivers for your Video card and sound drivers?
        Have you checked for patches for your software?
        And the big bug bear did you do a clean install of windows 98 or did you upgrade over 95.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X