TV-Out Performance Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV-Out Performance Problems

The forum search didn't work, so I hope I ain't pissing anoyone of by posting this.

I've got some performance problems with DVDMax/Tvout. The movie-window on my monitor is smooth even when fullscreen, but on the TV it's not.

Seems like it's pausing for a few ms's every sec. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes better. It often getts better after watching for a while, but that could just as well be me getting used to it.

Suggestions?

/Hamlet

------------------
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/128mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

Not sure, but did you set up the proper TV standard (PAL vs. NTSC) ?
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Do you still get stuttering if you kill all the background tasks?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Is this not the old NTSC disc to PAL output conversion problem? If it is an NTSC disc and your TV will accept NTSC then set the output to NTSC.
        If thats not it then I have found best TV output with 6.03. 6.04 doesn't seem as good, but I'm not really using it for that now as I have treated myself to a standalone player (it's a lot less hassle and better quality due to the 5m leads I used to need and the fact that I don't have the fan (9) noise of the PC).

------------------
        K7Pro(110), Athlon 900(750)@8.5,105fsb, G400 32 DH@max, 1.6BIOS and 6.x beta drivers, SB Live Player 1024, 256Mb PC100 CAS-2, Pioneer 103S DVD, 20Gig IBM 7200 ATA66, LS120, MS forcefeedback pro, CL WebCam III etc etc
        FT.

Comment

Sorry for not getting back, been kinda busy.

As for PAL/NTSC, yes it's correct.

Tony, I'm not sure what you mean by NTSC disc, but this problem occurs with whatever i try to output. DVD, mpeg3, avi, navi, dix-v etc.

I'm pretty sure i've tried killing all bg tasks before, but i'm gonna try again when i get home from work.

------------------

Comment

Hi Hamlet!

I can almost bet my shorts on that Tony is right. I had the same problem, until recently. The problem originates in that NTSC has approx. 29.9 frames per second while as PAL is 25 fr/sec. This would mean that your PAL TV has to ditch 5 frames per second, that is why you experience a stuttering. It shouldn't get any better over time, its your eyes that are adapting somewhat, it's also due to in some scenes where the scenes aren't changing drastically its not too visible where as a panning motion would show the stuttering very appearant.

Sadly there is no real solution besides buying a NTSC capable TV, if you do - make sure you get NTSC version 3.58 and 4.43 since there seems to be a confusion about what standard to use. I don't know where you live and what type of brands on TV's that are available to you but "JVC" has the appropriate NTSC systems. They generally run the two NTSC versions as well as PAL in the same TV - kudos to JVC

Matrox has been approached several times by users on this forum in the past (including me) and the don't think that it's their problem so they more or less refuse to develop a softwaresolution for the framdropping problem.

Hope this helps some

Kindest regards

Kristian
            Sweden

------------------
            - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Striving for perfection
            - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Striving for perfection

Comment

Aw, this sucks. As usual when it comes to Matrox listening to their customers.

Well... My TV Can't handle NTSC. My video can play NTSC tapes, but it didn't covert it when i tried piping it through the SCART:s.

So. I guess i'm ****ed then. Unless i want to spend a fortune on a new TV.

Sheit.
              /Hamlet

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X