Win2k + G400Max + Optical LogitechWheelmouse Big PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k + G400Max + Optical LogitechWheelmouse Big PROBLEM

Hello all, i know i haven't been writing much lately, just been lurking more than posting(was too lazy to go and get the damn password for my account -- DAMN HACKERS --)
    anyways, I just upgraded to the Logitech optical mouse after the replacement optical mouse that i got from MS started flaking out on me again...anyhow, for some reason when i was using the 5.14 drivers with the Logitech drivers and i rebooted my system, the system would just flat out hang for some reason. I ended up reformating my system (accidentally -- damn PQDISK IMAGE! --) and when i reinstalled win2k, using the 5.14 drivers for the max, the same thing was still happening. I reverted to the 5.04 drivers and everything seems to run ok...excepting that i had gotten used to the nice maximizing to one screen thing that was implemented in those drivers. My question is is it possible that there was a conflict with the mouse and the 5.14 drivers? I tried to fix it by going to USB from PS/2 and it didnt help...I REALLY Want to use the 5.14 drivers but cant. If anyone has any ideas as to why it happened and possibly any ideas as far as how to get my system back to a state where i can use the 5.14 drivers again, i'd appreciate it.

btw. my G400 is on IRQ 11 and my USB connected mouse is on IRQ 10. Something i just noticed is that the Live is on IRQ 12.

well, i hope that is a good enough explanation. Thanks for your help

Frankfurt

------------------
    Here is my crappy system config:
    K6-3 450, 256MB SDRAM,Tyan Trinity ATX (S1598 2mb cache on board), Matrox G400 Max
    win2k/Mandrake Linux 7.1/QNX 2000 (Free version)
    SB Live!
    AOpen Lan aln-325c

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 23 October 2000).]
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Are you using Logitech's drivers (which are crap)?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I had been...i thought that the drivers werent horrible...but like i said, i reinstalled after reformatting my HD and before even installing the mouse drivers (never had the chance because the system would lock up after installing 5.14). But previous to that (before i had to reformat/reinstall) i was using the drivers, yes...I will agree with you in part on that statement...the software sucks, but the drivers seem to be highly useful

Frankfurt
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
      3COM 905C

Comment

Working...
      X