Matrox AGP and a second vid-card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox AGP and a second vid-card

I bought the Marvel G-200 (US edition) beucase of the wide range of things I could do with the card. Decent gaming, video editing (a major plus for what I do) and the TV in is a nice touch. I have no intention of getting rig of it. I upgraded to 16megs as well to get a boost.

The downside is that I do a lot of 3D work and it seems that LightWave 5.5 AND 6 performance is very low. It seems to run out of display memmory fairly quickly. After looking around and doing some research I didn't see any real problems other than the usual OpenGL complaints.

In my search I found that Newtek has announced its official compatibility for LW6 and the 3DLabs Oxygen line of cards. I am considering a purchase of their low end 32 meg PCI card but hand concerns on not necessarily compatibility issues, but with using 2 video cards in the same system.

Has anyone had any experience in using two adapters like this? Or on the flip side, does anyone have any optimization tips for use of the Marvel and Lightwave 6. Any input is appreciated. System details follow.

PII 433
    256mb
    2x 12 gig HD
    Matrox Marvel G-200 video (16mb)
    WinME
    latest matrox drivers (5.55, 1.09 bios and 1.54 vid tools)
    If you need to know anything else, let me know.

------------------
    JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”

JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”
Working...
X